It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Anthony Cormier, Jimmy Shepard, and Baxter Ross! We extend belated greetings to Faith Flynn who celebrated her birthday yesterday.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Pat Hewitt for Caleigh Oehlke, Adam Clow for Alana Trainor, Donna White for Jennifer Victor, Marla McCarron for Gail Johnston.
One Hour Delay Today:
- 09:45am – A Block
- 10:40am – Break
- 10:50am – B Block
- 11:43am – Lunch
- C J Young and Lucas Mitchell to the Library, please.
- No Jazz or Concert Bands rehearsal today. Band members are asked to please arrive at 6:00 tomorrow evening in preparation for the concert.
- All Choir members must be at the school in uniform tomorrow (Thursday) night at 5:45, ready to rehearse.
- Christmas dinner that was scheduled for today in the Cafeteria has been postponed until tomorrow. Menu includes roasted turkey with savory stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes, vegetables, dessert and white milk for $7.25. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Any grads wishing to order grad clothing are reminded to visit Room 141 during lunch breaks.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders Friday at lunch time. They’ll be here about 11:30am if any parent wants to drop by and get their photos, instead of getting the grad to pick them up. Heckbert’s has contacted, or tried to contact, everyone regarding any balance owing. Call (902)566-5500 if you have any questions.
- Culinary Meal: A Christmas dinner including roast chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, gravy and stuffing, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, apple pie with ice cream, and Christmas punch is being served from the Culinary Kitchen this Friday, December 18. Book your meal now; tickets available at lunch time.
This is MRHS Christmas Spirit Week – Dec. 14-18:
- Wednesday: ‘ER’ Day (dress up as something ending in ‘er’)
- Thursday: Christmas dress up (Christmas theme – dress up as Santa, Ms. Claus, an Elf etc.)
- Friday: Christmas Sweater Day
- Selfie with Elfie Contest: Elfie will be hiding somewhere in the school throughout our Spirit Week. Your job is to find Elfie at lunchtime and take a selfie with him. Bring your picture to Ms. Beaton’s room by the end of lunch and get your name entered to win a prize at the end of the week.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Zoie Farish. Zoie played a large role in the Women’s Basketball Team’s wins against Souris and Colonel Gray by scoring from the perimeter and getting the team into their offense.
- Men’s Rugby: Today from 3:30 to 5:00 pm in the gym!
- Basketball team bus will depart for Souris at 3:30pm today.
- This week’s Wrestling schedule: Wednesday 3:30 to 5:30 at MCS; Saturday – Harrison Trimble High Tournament, Moncton, NB.
- The Geography 631 Turkey Drive will be wrapping up today. They will be purchasing turkeys on the 17 or 18. Mr. Week’s class is currently in the lead. Matthew Fraser has offered to shave his head if his home room wins. The pizza party is still up for grabs, but it will take a strong effort to catch Mr. Week’s home room.
- Grad clothing will be for sale in Room 141 during lunch break every day until December 18. There are a variety of options for grads to choose from including: T-shirts ($15), Raglan shirts ($20), Dry-fit shirts (short sleeve $20, long sleeve $25), Sweatpants ($30), Hoodies ($30), Crewnecks ($30). For an extra $5, all shirts and sweaters can have the list of grad names printed on the back. There are samples to try for sizing and payment is due at the time of ordering.
- Holland College will be here on Thursday, January 7, 2016 from 11:45 to 12:30 for an information session. Students who are thinking of going to Holland College should plan to attend.
- Acadia will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.