It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Maddie Bedard-Adam, Christian Howe, Celina McGuigan
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Pat Hewitt for Caleigh Oehlke, Adam Clow for Ronnie Munn, Korey Millar for Alana Trainor (pm), Marla McCarron for Pauline Kelly
MRHS-Subway Viking Classic Schedule – Today’s Games:
1:30 pm – KISH vs Francois Buote (M) at KISH
3:30 pm – Harrison Trimble vs Westisle at KISH
3:30 pm – MRHS vs Colonel Gray at MRHS
5:30 pm – TOSH vs Francois Buote (M) at TOSH
5:30 pm – MRHS vs Morell (M) at MRHS
7:30 pm – Harrison Trimble vs KISH at KISH
7:30 pm – TOSH vs Westisle at TOSH
- Vocals Class must meet in the Lobby today at 12:00 sharp!
- The list of students decorating for the dance is posted outside Ms Beaton’s room. These students are responsible for getting their missed work in C & D Blocks.
- Any grads wishing to order grad clothing are reminded to visit Room 141 during lunch breaks.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Meatballs with sweet and sour sauce, brown rice and corn. $5.10
- The student council members participating in the focus group are asked to have their signed permission slips in to Ms. Beaton by Thursday, December 10.
MRHS Christmas Spirit Week – Dec. 14-18:
- Monday: Monochromatic Monday (wear all the same color)
- Tuesday: Toque Tuesday
- Wednesday: ‘ER’ Day (dress up as something ending in ‘er’)
- Thursday: Christmas dress up (Christmas theme – dress up as Santa, Ms. Claus, an Elf etc.)
- Friday: Christmas Sweater Day
- Selfie with Elfie Contest: Elfie will be hiding somewhere in the school throughout our Spirit Week. Your job is to find Elfie at lunchtime and take a selfie with him. Bring your picture to Ms. Beaton’s room by the end of lunch and get your name entered to win a prize at the end of the week.
- Last night in MRHS-Subway Viking Classic action, the 2015 ‘A’ Champions were defeated by the MRHS Senior Women’s team! Zoie Farish had a killer offensive game with countless drives to the basket and Sarah Furness drained a high percentage of her outside shots. On the defensive end, Molly Stewart and Rebecca Martens defended their basket with all they had for the full 40 minutes. Congratulations on the 43-39 win!
- Nabuurs’ PED801 class will meet in the PE area at the beginning of lunch to depart for the field trip.
- Today’s home game: Women’s Basketball vs Colonel Gray AAA at 5:30 pm.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: David Thompson, Grade 12 Small Forward – David has been emerging as a leader with the Men’s Basketball team this season. His strong work ethic in practice and in games, combined with his positive communication on the court, has been important in the early development of this year’s team. David has been asked upon to play different positions on offence and Defense making him a very valuable asset to his teammates.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Carley MacLean and Molly Stewart. Both played very well on the offense and defense end against Morell and Bluefield, with Molly hitting her outside shots and Carley scoring inside which gave the Women’s basketball team two wins.
- Friday’s Cafeteria Special: Spaghetti and meat sauce served with Caesar salad and WW bread stick. $5.10
- Representatives from the Holland Hurricanes Athletics Department will be in the library conference room on December 15 at noon to chat with students looking to study at Holland College and play Varsity Athletics with the Holland Hurricanes. Holland College offers golf, soccer, baseball, cross country running, curling, women’s hockey, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading and dance.
- The Geography 631 Turkey Drive will be wrapping up next week on Wednesday, December 16. They will be purchasing turkeys next week on the 17 or 18. Mr. Week’s class is currently in the lead. Matthew Fraser has offered to shave his head if his home room wins. The pizza party is still up for grabs, but it will take a strong effort to catch Mr. Week’s home room.
- Christmas dinner is being served in the Cafeteria on Wednesday, December 16. Menu includes roasted turkey with savory stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes, vegetables, dessert and white milk for $7.25. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are on sale now in the Cafeteria.
- Grad clothing will be for sale in Room 141 during lunch break every day until December 18. There are a variety of options for grads to choose from including: T-shirts ($15), Raglan shirts ($20), Dry-fit shirts (short sleeve $20, long sleeve $25), Sweatpants ($30), Hoodies ($30), Crewnecks ($30). For an extra $5, all shirts and sweaters can have the list of grad names printed on the back. There are samples to try for sizing and payment is due at the time of ordering.
- Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.