It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Katie Davidson.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Garrett Toole, Mindy Johnston for Donna White(am), Mindy Johnston for Mary Ellen Campbell(pm), Ellen Toole for Karen Malone, Adam Clow for Charles Trainor and Marla McCarron for Gail Green.
MRHS-Subway Viking Classic Schedule – Today’s Games:
5:30pm – TOSH vs KIST (M) at TOSH
5:30pm – Souris vs Colonel Gray (League Game) at Souris
5:30pm – MRHS vs Charlottetown Rural at MRHS
7:30pm – TOSH vs KISH at TOSH
7:30pm – Souris vs Colonel Gray (M) (League Game) at Souris
- The Culinary Meal (Mexican theme) scheduled for last Thursday is being served today. Don’t forget to visit the lab to pick up your meal!
- This is SAVE week. Don’t forget your purple ribbons and remember why you are wearing them!
- The Geography 631 Turkey Drive will be wrapping up next week on Wednesday December 16. They will be purchasing turkeys next week on the 17 or 18. Mr. Week’s class is currently in the lead. Matthew Fraser has offered to shave his head if his home room wins. The pizza party is still up for grabs, but it will take a strong effort to catch Mr. Week’s home room.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Homemade Chicken Fried Rice/Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls/Egg Roll – $6.25
- Grad clothing will be for sale in Room 141 during lunch break every day until December 18th. There are a variety of options for grads to choose from including:
Raglan shirts ($20)
Dry-fit shirts (short sleeve $20, long sleeve $25)
For an extra $5, all shirts and sweaters can have the list of grad names printed on the back.
There are samples to try for sizing and payment is due at the time of ordering.
- Today in Dodgeball: Bad Mamajamas take on Backwoods River Horses.
- Wrestling practice today will take place at Montague Intermediate School, starting at 3:30. Meet in Ms. Morrison’s classroom.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: David Thompson, Grade 12 Small Forward – David has been emerging as a leader with the Men’s Basketball team this season. His strong work ethic in practice and in games, combined with his positive communication on the court, has been important in the early development of this year’s team. David has been asked upon to play different positions on offence and Defense making him a very valuable asset to his teammates.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Carley MacLean and Molly Stewart. Both played very well on the offense and defense end against Morell and Bluefield, with Molly hitting her outside shots and Carley scoring inside which gave the Women’s basketball team two wins.
- Representatives from the Holland Hurricanes Athletics Department will be in the library conference room on December 15 at noon to chat with students looking to study at Holland College and play Varsity Athletics with the Holland Hurricanes. Holland College offers golf, soccer, baseball, cross country running, curling, women’s hockey, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading and dance.
- Christmas dinner is being served in the Cafeteria on Wednesday, December 16. Menu includes roasted turkey with savory stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes, vegetables, dessert and white milk for $7.25. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are on sale now in the Cafeteria.
- Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Turkey Drive: Members of Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class have placed donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.