It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Harrison Garnhum, Victoria Pineau and Anthony McGuigan who celebrated their birthdays over this past long weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White and Adam Clow
- This is SAVE week. Don’t forget your purple ribbons and remember why you are wearing them!
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education class will hold their first classroom session this evening at Montague High starting at 3:30. Students are urged to make every effort to attend. There is also room for a few more students who will soon be turning 16 years of age. Thank you!
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Fettuccine Alfredo with Caesar salad and a WW garlic bread stick. $5.10
- Today’s home game: Women’s Basketball vs Colonel Gray AAA at 5:30 pm.
- The Women’s Basketball played a terrific game against Bluefield’s ‘AAA’ women last night. Carley Maclean, Molly Stewart, Zoie Farish, and Sarah Furness lead the team in scoring, bringing our MRHS women to a 40-25 victory! Congratulations ladies!
- Tuesday’s Cafeteria Special: chicken quesadilla with brown rice and a side garden salad. $5.10
- Representatives from the Holland Hurricanes Athletics Department will be in the library conference room on December 15 at noon to chat with students looking to study at Holland College and play Varsity Athletics with the Holland Hurricanes. Holland College offers golf, soccer, baseball, cross country running, curling, women’s hockey, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading and dance.
- Mr. Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Turkey Drive: Members of Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class have placed donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.