It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Christie Beck, Nicole Butler.
Don’t forget! There are no classes for students this Friday, December 4, 2015.
- Congratulations to the students on their win at the Student Teacher Hockey game last night. Thanks to all those who attended and participated. The teachers will have to start their dry land training earlier next year. Look out Grade 11’s…we will be ready next year!
- Acadia University is here today in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Today is the last day for Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students. Make sure you bid them a fairwell when you see them today.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Chicken parmesan on a bed of fettuccine noodles, served with side Caesar salad.
- Dodgeball Action Today: The first semi final game for dodgeball will be today when the Back Woods River Horses play the Bad Mamajamas.
- The Basketball teams will depart for Bluefield at 3:15 pm today. Bus will be leaving from the Wellness Center parking lot.
- The Women’s Basketball team played an awesome game on Monday night over the Morell Marlins. Our rookies, Savannah Vandenberghe, Alecia Shaw, Selina Martens, and Faith Best all helped the team live up to our MRHS name with a 58 to10 victory. Congratulations, girls!
- Thursday’s Cafeteria Special: Pulled pork on a Kaiser served with side garden salad. $5.10
- Yearbook Contest has been extended to Thursday at 12:30pm. Here’s a hint to the question. Your yearbook and a very expensive piece of jewelry Brad received this fall have something in common. Maybe if you looked at the yearbook poster outside the yearbook office. Or perhaps if you looked at something Brad retweeted when he got his jewelry…. Drop your answer off at the yearbook office. Good luck!
- Any Grade 11 or 12 student who loves working with children, shows initiative and would like to give back to the community are exactly what the Boys and Girls Club of Montague are looking for in youth volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at the Montague Boys and Girls Club, you are asked to see Ms.Victor for an application. Deadline to submit your application is Thursday, December 3.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Important reminder to all SEVEC students to please get your criminal record checks in and prizes for the raffle draw in to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn ASAP. We would like to have these in by December 4th.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- The second semi final game for Dodgeball will be Monday when Forth Line Grind play the Cardigan Feed Flyers.
- Representatives from the Holland Hurricanes Athletics Department will be in the library conference room on December 15 at noon to chat with students looking to study at Holland College and play Varsity Athletics with the Holland Hurricanes. Holland College offers golf, soccer, baseball, cross country running, curling, women’s hockey, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading and dance.
- Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Turkey Drive: Members of Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class have placed donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Public Service Announcements:
- Montague High Driver Education students of Larry McGuire are reminded that your first classroom session is at Montague High on Monday, December 7, starting at 3:30. Class attendance is compulsory. Thank you.