It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Shae LynnMorrison.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Adam Clow, Donna White for Christie Beck, Nicole Butler for Jennifer Victor, Melissa Livingstone for Dawn MacIsaac (am), Kathy Campbell for Kirk White (pm), Mindy Johnston for Angela Killeen.
Don’t forget! There are no classes for students this Friday, December 4, 2015.
- Yearbook Contest has been extended to Thursday at 12:30pm. Here’s a hint to the question. Your yearbook and a very expensive piece of jewelry Brad received this fall have something in common. Maybe if you looked at the yearbook poster outside the yearbook office. Or perhaps if you looked at something Brad retweeted when he got his jewelry…. Drop your answer off at the yearbook office. Good luck!
- Malone’s extra help will be today at lunch (11:45-12:30) in her room INSTEAD of after school.
- Student Teacher Hockey game is today at 7:20 at the Wellness Center. Cost is $5.00. Hope to see you all at the game!
- Those who are volunteering at the Student Teacher Hockey Game are asked to please be at the Wellness Center at 6:45 this evening.
- Any Grade 11 or 12 student who loves working with children, shows initiative and would like to give back to the community are exactly what the Boys and Girls Club of Montague are looking for in youth volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at the Montague Boys and Girls Club, you are asked to see Ms.Victor for an application. Deadline to submit your application is Thursday, December 3.
- Interested in Welding? Mr. Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Taco topped baked potato topped with Taco meat and cheese, served with garden salad. $5.10
- Missing Jerseys: Matt Quinn (Men’s Soccer), Jake Banks (Men’s Volleyball)
- Athletic Fees Not Paid: Kyle Parlee – $35 Volleyball, Jake Banks – $35 Volleyball, Amanda Gormley – $10 Cross Country, Jonah Wilton – $10 Cross Country
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Wednesday when the first place of Pool A plays the second place of Pool B.
- Representatives from the Holland Hurricanes Athletics Department will be in the library conference room on December 15 at noon to chat with students looking to study at Holland College and play Varsity Athletics with the Holland Hurricanes. Holland College offers golf, soccer, baseball, cross country running, curling, women’s hockey, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading and dance.
- The Men’s Basketball team lost a hard fought game to Morell last night, 74-59. Top scorers for the Vikings were Dyllin Bernard with 17 points and 11 rebounds, Kyle Parlee with 14 points and David Thompson with 9 points. The Vikings will be back on the court Wednesday when they travel to Bluefield.
- Men’s Basketball Team will have practice today at 5:30pm.
Volunteer Opportunities for Teens:
- Any students, especially those participating in the Community Service Bursary Program, who are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities in their communities are encouraged to get in touch with their local public library.
- Here are just a few of the ways teen volunteers can help at their library:
- Assisting with children’s programming, author visits, or special events;
- Creating fun, interesting book displays;
- Shelving materials;
- Teaching seniors how to use computers and social media;
- Helping with book sales.
- Every public library has different needs and each teen has different talents, so teens should contact their local branch for more information.
- See Mrs. Killeen for more info on getting started!
- Wednesday’s Cafeteria Special: Chicken parmesan on a bed of fettuccine noodles, served with side Caesar salad.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Important reminder to all SEVEC students to please get your criminal record checks in and prizes for the raffle draw in to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn ASAP. We would like to have these in by December 4th.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Hoodies and Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Turkey Drive: Members of Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class have placed donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Public Service Announcements:
- There is a Flu Clinic today at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre from 1-7 pm. Call 1-855-354-4358 to book an appointment. Some walk-ins will be accepted.
- Montague High Driver Education students of Larry McGuire are reminded that your first classroom session is at Montague High on Monday, December 7, starting at 3:30. Class attendance is compulsory. Thank you.