It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Faith Best.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Joseph Lillo for Garrett Toole, Nicole Butler for Karen Malone, Jenelle Cudmore for Mike Stewart, Dean Lackie for Sandra Hicken (am), Vanessa Foster for Kirk White (pm).
- Those students who missed Mr. Trainor’s Lab on Friday should go to the Lab at 11:45 today.
- UPEI will here today at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. If you are thinking of attending UPEI, please come to this short presentation.
- Any Grade 11 or 12 student who loves working with children, shows initiative and would like to give back to the community are exactly what the Boys and Girls Club of Montague are looking for in youth volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at the Montague Boys and Girls Club, you are asked to see Ms.Victor for an application. Deadline to submit applications is Thursday, December 3.
- Christmas Dance ticket sales end today. Tickets are $10 and will be available in the ticket booth from 12:00 to 12:25. Dance contracts must be signed and any outstanding fees or uniforms must be returned before a ticket can be purchased.
- Interested in Welding? Mr. Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Lasagna with Caesar salad and WW garlic bread stick. $5.10
- Today’s Home Game: Men’s Basketball vs Morell at 5:00pm.
- Women’s Basketball team will depart for Morell at 3:30pm today.
- Dodgeball Action Today: Staff Hawks play 4th Line Grind
- Missing Jerseys: Matt Quinn (Men’s Soccer), Jake Banks (Men’s Volleyball), Sarah MacRae (Women’s Volleyball).
- Athletic Fees Not Paid: Kyle Parlee – $35 Volleyball, Ryan MacEachern – $35 Volleyball, Jake Banks – $35 Volleyball, Amanda Gormley – $10 Cross Country, Jonah Wilton – $10 Cross Country
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Wednesday when the first place of Pool A plays the second place of Pool B.
- Tuesday’s Cafeteria Special: Taco topped baked potato topped with Taco meat and cheese, served with garden salad. $5.10
- Student Teacher Hockey game is Tuesday, December 1, at 7:20 at the Wellness Center. Cost is $5.00. Hope to see you all at the game!
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Important reminder to all SEVEC students to please get your criminal record checks in and prizes for the raffle draw in to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn ASAP. We would like to have these in by December 4th.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Hoodies and Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Special pricing until November 30: If you purchase the personalization for $5, you get 4 free icons. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Turkey Drive: Members of Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class have placed donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Public Service Announcements:
- There will be a Flu Clinic on Tuesday, December 1, at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre from 1-7 pm. Call 1-855-354-4358 to book an appointment. Some walk-ins will be accepted.
- Montague High Driver Education students of Larry McGuire are reminded that your first classroom session is at Montague High on Monday, December 7, starting at 3:30. Class attendance is compulsory. Thank you.