It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Donna White for Mary Ellen Campbell, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Mindy Johnston for Timothy Lea, Joseph Lillo for Garrett Toole, Harold Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Jillian Maguire for Gail Johnston (pm).
- Christmas Dance ticket sales continue today and Monday only. Tickets are $10 and will be available in the ticket booth from 12:00 to 12:25. Dance contracts must be signed and any outstanding fees or uniforms must be returned before a ticket can be purchased.
- Interested in Welding? Mr. Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Mexican Culinary meal is being served today. Make sure you make your way to the Culinary Lab at lunch break to pick up your meal.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Beef goulash pasta with Caesar salad and WW breadstick. $5.10
- Staff from Parks Canada are visiting today during lunch break to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites.
- Today is the last day to enter the yearbook contest! “People who buy a yearbook this year will have something in common with Brad Richards. What is it?” If you know the correct answer to this question, you will win free personalization on your yearbook order. Submit your answer to the yearbook office.
- Dodgeball Action Today: Moose take on Sitting Ducks.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Alex Parsons. Alex has been training very hard all fall and recently competed in her first competition. She qualified in all three lifts and represented her school very well.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Ben MacKenzie. Ben is a returning powerlifter and has been dedicated to training since the start of the school year. He qualified in all three lifts and also represented his school well.
- Missing Jerseys: Matt Quinn & Trevor Whalen (Men’s Soccer), Jake Banks (Men’s Volleyball), Sarah MacRae (Women’s Volleyball).
- Athletic Fees Not Paid: Kyle Parlee – $35 Volleyball, Ryan MacEachern – $35 Volleyball, Jake Banks – $35 Volleyball, Sarah Visser – $5 Soccer, Trevor Whalen – $35 Soccer, Braden Stewart – $10 Cross Country, Amanda Gormley – $10 Cross Country, Jonah Wilton – $10 Cross Country
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Monday when Staff Hawks play 4th Line Grind.
- Monday’s Cafeteria Special: Lasagna with Caesar salad and WW garlic bread stick. $5.10
- Student Teacher Hockey game is Tuesday, December 1, at 7:20 at the Wellness Center. Cost is $5.00. Hope to see you all at the game!
- UPEI will here on Monday, November 30, at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. If you are thinking of attending UPEI, please come to this short presentation.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Important reminder to all SEVEC students to please get your criminal record checks in and prizes for the raffle draw in to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn ASAP. We would like to have these in by December 4th.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Hoodies and Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Special pricing until November 30: If you purchase the personalization for $5, you get 4 free icons. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Turkey Drive: Members of Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class have placed donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.