It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Mallory Lynch, Taylor MacDonald and Ms. Gail Johnston.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Melissa Livingstone for Dawn MacIsaac, Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson, Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Pat Hewitt for Caleigh Oehlke (am), Donna White for Mary Ellen Lowther, Emma Donovan for Earl Campbell.
- The following students should see Ms. Beck at the beginning of first break this morning: Grace Walsh, Tara Llewellyn, Katie Jordan and Hannah Aitken.
- Here Comes Treble members should all see Ms. Beck at lunch today to pick up music.
- Beaton and Ms. Malone are giving extra help at 12:05 (lunch break) today instead of after school.
- Student Council, please remember to see Ms. Beaton by Wednesday of this week to order your student council sweater.
- Slam Poetry group will meet today at lunch break in Room #85.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Soft Beef Tacos made to order, served with brown rice and corn. $5.10
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Hoodies and Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- A & B Leggings Sale: Today in the cafeteria at lunch time. Don’t miss out!
- Student fees need to be paid before purchasing a Christmas Dance ticket. Fees can be paid in the office. Dance tickets will go on sale Thursday, November 26. Dance Contracts are available now in the office.
Ordering Your Yearbook:
- 2015-16 Yearbooks are now on sale for $50. They arrive in June before school ends!
- We are offering a special until November 30. If you purchase the personalization for $5, you get 4 free icons. Come see us in the yearbook office to find out more.
- Yearbooks can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15pm – 12:30pm. You can pay by cash or cheque made payable to Montague Regional High School.
- Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website.
- Please note that we will sell yearbooks for $50 until the Christmas holidays. On January 1st there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. We cannot take any orders after February 26.
- Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!!
- Men’s Basketball: The Vikings rode the roller-coaster to a WIN in their season opener at Rural 2. Down 18 with just under 6 minutes to play, the Vikings used strong team defense to rally back, capping off the comeback with a jumper at the buzzer to steal the victory, 54-53. Next up for MRHS will be Morell in our home opener next Monday night.
- Men’s Basketball: Training today at 4:30, practice at 5:30.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Alex Parsons. Alex has been training very hard all fall and recently competed in her first competition. She qualified in all three lifts and represented her school very well.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Ben MacKenzie. Ben is a returning powerlifter and has been dedicated to training since the start of the school year. He qualified in all three lifts and also represented his school well.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Wednesday when Cardigan Feed Flyers take on Ballerinas.
- Wednesday’s Cafeteria Special: Baked chicken fingers with mashed potato or baked wedges and veggies.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- NSCC is hosting a Nautical Marine Day on Thursday, November 26, in Port Hawksbury, Nova Scotia. Any interested students should see Ms.Victor.
- Next Culinary meal is on Friday, November 27. Menu includes freshly made and well seasoned pita chips with a mildly spicy, authentic Mexican guacamole dip, grown lettuce with a homemade classic Caesar dressing, stuffed bell peppers with mildly spicy beef filling with rice and black beans, topped off with shredded cheese, a colourful refreshing drink with an infusion of sparkling water and fresh berries, finished off with a fluffy rich chocolate mousse made with an authentic Mexican recipe. Price: $8
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting our school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during our lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Don’t forget to enter the yearbook contest! “People who buy a yearbook this year will have something in common with Brad Richards. What is it?” If you know the correct answer to this question, you will win free personalization on your yearbook order. Submit your answer by November 27.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Turkey Drive: Members of Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class have placed donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.