It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Tamara Vandenberghe. Belated greetings to Colton Morris who had his birthday over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Melissa Livingstone for Dawn MacIsaac, Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Donna White, Kathy Lynn Campbell for Kirk White, Marla McCarron for Toby Murphy.
- Students selected for the Student Hockey Team are reminded to pay $5 to Earl by lunch time today. Any students not paid will be removed from the roster.
- Home room teachers will be distributing report cards that were not picked up at Parent Teacher Interviews to students this morning. Students are asked to make sure these get home to parents and/or guardians.
- Patricia Crant, please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library please.
- Geo Turkey Drive: Mr. Munn’s Geography 631 class will be putting donation cans in each homeroom. All money donated will be for a Turkey Drive; proceeds will help local families this Christmas. The winning class with the most money in their donation cans will be awarded with a pizza party!
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Cheese chicken pasta bake, served with garden salad and WW bread stick. $5.10.
- Student Council: Coupon book order forms and money are due today. No extensions!
- A & B Leggings will be at MRHS for one more day for students, tomorrow in the cafeteria at lunch time. Don’t miss out!
- Student fees need to be paid before purchasing a Christmas Dance ticket. Fees can be paid in the office. Dance tickets will go on sale Thursday, November 26. Dance Contracts are available now in the office.
Ordering Your Yearbook:
- 2015-16 Yearbooks are now on sale for $50. They arrive in June before school ends!
- We are offering a special until November 30. If you purchase the personalization for $5, you get 4 free icons. Come see us in the yearbook office to find out more.
- Yearbooks can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15pm – 12:30pm. You can pay by cash or cheque made payable to Montague Regional High School.
- Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website.
- Please note that we will sell yearbooks for $50 until the Christmas holidays. On January 1st there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. We cannot take any orders after February 26.
- Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!!
- Dodgeball Today: Body Shots play Squad Balls
- Men’s Basketball meeting today at 11:45 in Room 116.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Alex Parsons. Alex has been training very hard all fall and recently competed in her first competition. She qualified in all three lifts and represented her school very well.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Ben MacKenzie. Ben is a returning powerlifter and has been dedicated to training since the start of the school year. He qualified in all three lifts and also represented his school well.
- Basketball team bus departs for Charlottetown Rural at 3:30 pm today. Good luck to both teams!
- No Power Lifting after school today.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Wednesday when Cardigan Feed Flyers take on Ballerinas.
- Tuesday’s Cafeteria Special: Soft Beef Tacos made to order, served with brown rice and corn. $5.10
- Student Council: Please see Ms Beaton if you are interested in ordering a student council sweater. We will be taking orders until Wednesday, November 25.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- NSCC is hosting a Nautical Marine Day on Thursday, November 26, in Port Hawksbury, Nova Scotia. Any interested students should see Ms.Victor.
- Next Culinary meal is on Friday, November 27. Menu includes freshly made and well seasoned pita chips with a mildly spicy, authentic Mexican guacamole dip, grown lettuce with a homemade classic Caesar dressing, stuffed bell peppers with mildly spicy beef filling with rice and black beans, topped off with shredded cheese, a colourful refreshing drink with an infusion of sparkling water and fresh berries, finished off with a fluffy rich chocolate mousse made with an authentic Mexican recipe. Price: $8
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting our school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during our lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Don’t forget to enter the yearbook contest! “People who buy a yearbook this year will have something in common with Brad Richards. What is it?” If you know the correct answer to this question, you will win free personalization on your yearbook order. Submit your answer by November 27.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.