It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Melissa Livingstone for Dawn MacIsaac, Adam Clow for Jennifer Victor, Harold Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Hailey Batchilder for Sandra Hicken, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Found: A pretty ladies ring was turned in to the office last week. A set of keys, including a number of GM vehicle keys and a door lock remote, was passed in as well. If you are missing either of these items, please check with Kelly. Items from the Lost and Found bin are now displayed in the main lobby. Students are encouraged to retrieve any items that belong to you.
- Culinary Class is serving a meal today. Check it out!
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Homemade shepherd’s pie with a side spinach and mandarin salad. $5.10
- Tyson Sheppard and Kaylae MacCallum, please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
- Student Council: Coupon book order forms and money are due Monday, November 23. No extensions!
- There is a meeting today at 12 in Room 129 for any guys interested in playing rugby.
- Parent Teacher Interviews: Teachers will be available this evening from 6:00 to 8:30 and again on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 to 3:00pm. There will be no classes for students tomorrow.
- The Library will be open during Parent Teacher Interviews for any students looking for a place to study or to use a computer.
- Student Council: Please see Ms Beaton if you are interested in ordering a student council sweater. We will be taking orders until Wednesday, November 25.
- Student fees need to be paid before purchasing a Christmas Dance ticket. Fees can be paid in the office. Dance tickets will go on sale Thursday, November 26. Dance Contracts are available now in the office.
Ordering Your Yearbook:
- 2015-16 Yearbooks are now on sale for $50. They arrive in June before school ends!
- We are offering a special until November 30. If you purchase the personalization for $5, you get 4 free icons. Come see us in the yearbook office to find out more.
- Yearbooks can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15pm – 12:30pm. You can pay by cash or cheque made payable to Montague Regional High School.
- Credit Card orders can be placed at http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1111993/Montague-Regional-High-School/Yearbook/20151015041742887143/CATALOG_SHOP/YB_BOOKS/Yearbook/20151015041742947143/
- Please note that we will sell yearbooks for $50 until the Christmas holidays. On January 1st there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. We cannot take any orders after February 26.
- Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!!
- Basketball consent forms and fees are being collected in the PE office everyday at lunch time. Fee is $80 if it’s your first sport of the year ($5 for athletic banquet ticket). Deadline is today. Athletes who have not submitted these items will not be eligible to play in Monday’s game.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Monday when Body Shots play Squad Balls.
Due to popular demand, A & B Leggings is pleased to announce the following:
- WHAT: Leggings Party
- WHO: Staff & students
- WHEN: Thursday, November 17, 3:15 to 4:30pm
- WHERE: Library
- WHY: It’s getting cold out there!
- HOW: Bring your cash!
- Monday’s Cafeteria Special: Cheese chicken pasta bake, served with garden salad and WW bread stick. $5.10.
- The Canadian Coast Guard College is celebrating its 50th anniversary and cordially invites students and staff to an Open House on Friday, November 20, 2015, between 10:00 and 15:00. This is a great opportunity for guidance counsellors, teachers and students to learn about the Canadian Coast Guard College and its programs.
- The Montague High Disney Choir is having a Yard, Craft, and Bake Sale on Saturday, November 21, from 9am – 1pm. Admission will be $2/person and all proceeds will go to the Disney Choir.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- NSCC is hosting a Nautical Marine Day on Thursday, November 26, in Port Hawksbury, Nova Scotia. Any interested students should see Ms.Victor.
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting our school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during our lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Don’t forget to enter the yearbook contest! “People who buy a yearbook this year will have something in common with Brad Richards. What is it?” If you know the correct answer to this question, you will win free personalization on your yearbook order. Submit your answer by November 27.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.