It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Ronnie Munn, Jessica Campbell for Sharon Anderson (am), Donna White for Jennifer Victor, Dean Lackie for Chantelle Beaton, Melissa Livingstone for Dawn MacIsaac.
Fun Facts (supplied by Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students):
- Drugs and Alcohol: Did you know that caffeine is considered a drug? There is the same amount of caffeine in ONE 12oz energy drink as there is in NINE cans of 12oz Coca-Cola.
- Healthy Eating: Eating fast food is quick, easy, and inexpensive… BUT it really causes you to become tired and reduces your energy and mood.
- Stress and Coping: Did you know there are good and bad types of stress? Good stress helps you achieve those hard to reach goals, while Bad stress stops you from functioning on a daily basis.
- The following people are asked to please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library today: Tanner Crant, Morgan Duncan, Christian Howe, Chloe Jardine, and James Washington.
- Reminder: Jillian MacLeod, Tara Llewellyn, Jasmine Knight, Katie Davidson, Eve MacKinnon, and Lydia Butler need to go to Room 133 at 11:45 to make signs for the yard sale on Saturday.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Zesty Chili served in an edible flat bread bowl and a side tossed salad. $5.10
- There will be a Grad Activity meeting today in Room 119 at 12pm.
- Students are reminded that you must have your Student Fees paid in order to purchase a ticket for the Christmas Dance. Fees can be paid at the main office.
- Check out the Library display case of authors and their famous mustaches, featuring their most popular novels available for loan! Please stop into the Library this month and make a donation to the Movember campaign in the mustache piggy bank! Thanks for your support! A special thank you to Leadership student Jasmine Knight for designing the display case this month.
- Dodgeball Today: Yesterday’s game has been rescheduled to today: Staff Hawks play Bad Mamajamas. Staff are reminded to let Ms. Nabuurs know if you need your duty covered.
- Badminton PEI is holding a Junior tournament for U13, U15 and U17 at Eliot River School in Cornwall on Sunday, Nov. 22. The registration deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 18. Cost is $15. Please see Ms. Nabuurs for more information.
- Basketball consent forms and fees are being collected in the PE office everyday at lunch time. Fee is $80 if it’s your first sport of the year ($5 for athletic banquet ticket). These items are due by Thursday. Athletes who have not submitted these items will not be eligible to play in Monday’s game.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Wednesday when 4th Line Grind take on Sitting Ducks.
- There is going to be a meeting for any guys interested in playing rugby Thursday at 12 in Physics Lab, Room 129.
- Wednesday’s Cafeteria Special: BBQ chicken breast with whipped potato and hot vegetable.
- University of Toronto will be doing a presentation at Charlottetown Rural’s Lecture Theatre on Wednesday, November 18, from 6:30 to 8:00pm for interested students and parents.
- Saint Mary’s University will be hosting an information session at the Confederation Centre of Arts on November 18 from 7:00 to 8:30pm. St. Mary’s will be waiving the application fee so students need to bring a transcript with them for early admissions.
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for this week. Teachers will be available on Thursday evening from 6:00 to 8:30 and again on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 to 3:00pm. There will be no classes for students on Friday.
- The Library will be open during Parent Teacher Interviews for any students looking for a place to study or to use a computer.
- Culinary Class is planning the November 19th Meal: Crisp broccoli covered in a smooth creamy sauce with crispy bacon and island grown red onions, crunchy carrots and PEI cheddar cheese, freshly baked baguette, still warm from the oven, covered in a homemade garlic spread, lasagna made with handcrafted noodles with mozzarella, parmesan and cottage cheese, mouth watering Roma tomato sauce and PEI ground beef, a refreshing icy drink with freshly squeezed lime and vibrant green mint, and vanilla sponge cake smothered in strawberries and whipped cream. All this for $8.
- Power Lifter’s Meet is on Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- The Canadian Coast Guard College is celebrating its 50th anniversary and cordially invites students and staff to an Open House on Friday, November 20, 2015, between 10:00 and 15:00 This is a great opportunity for guidance counsellors, teachers and students to learn about the Canadian Coast Guard College and its programs.
- The Montague High Disney Choir is having a Yard, Craft, and Bake Sale on Saturday, November 21, from 9am – 1pm. Admission will be $2/person and all proceeds will go to the Disney Choir.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- NSCC is hosting a Nautical Marine Day on Thursday, November 26, in Port Hawksbury, Nova Scotia. Any interested students should see Ms.Victor.
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting our school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during our lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Don’t forget to enter the yearbook contest! “People who buy a yearbook this year will have something in common with Brad Richards. What is it?” If you know the correct answer to this question, you will win free personalization on your yearbook order. Submit your answer by November 27.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.