It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Kayla Lamb who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Colleen Norris and Donna White for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Mindy Johnston for Christie Beck, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Joseph Lillo for Sharon Anderson.
- Students are reminded that you must have your Student Fees paid in order to purchase a ticket for the Christmas Dance. Fees can be paid at the main office.
- Saint FX will be here today for on the spot admissions.
- Check out the Library display case of authors and their famous mustaches, featuring their most popular novels available for loan! Please stop into the Library this month and make a donation to the Movember campaign in the mustache piggy bank! Thanks for your support!
- Lost and Found: A silver ring with a large white stone was found last week and turned in at the office. We also have a cute pair of pink & yellow ear-rings. If you are missing either of these items, please see Kelly.
- Dodgeball Action Today: Staff Hawks play Bad Mamajamas.
- Men’s Basketball training today at 4:30 and practice to follow at 5:30. Be ready to go on time…If you are 5 minutes early then you are already 10 minutes late.
- Basketball consent forms and fees are being collected in the PE office everyday at lunch time. Fee is $75. These items are due by Thursday. Athletes who have not submitted these items will not be eligible to play in Monday’s game.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Wednesday when 4th Line Grind take on Sitting Ducks.
- There will be a Grad Activity meeting Tuesday, November 17, in Room 119 at 12pm.
- University of Toronto will be doing a presentation at Charlottetown Rural’s Lecture Theatre on Wednesday, November 18, from 6:30 to 8:00pm for interested students and parents.
- Saint Mary’s University will be hosting an information session at the Confederation Centre of Arts on November 18 from 7:00 to 8:30pm. St. Mary’s will be waiving the application fee so students need to bring a transcript with them for early admissions.
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for this week. Teachers will be available on Thursday evening from 6:00 to 8:30 and again on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 to 3:00pm. There will be no classes for students on Friday.
- Culinary Class is planning the November 19th Meal: Crisp broccoli covered in a smooth creamy sauce with crispy bacon and island grown red onions, crunchy carrots and PEI cheddar cheese, freshly baked baguette, still warm from the oven, covered in a homemade garlic spread, lasagna made with handcrafted noodles with mozzarella, parmesan and cottage cheese, mouth watering Roma tomato sauce and PEI ground beef, a refreshing icy drink with freshly squeezed lime and vibrant green mint, and vanilla sponge cake smothered in strawberries and whipped cream. All this for $8.
- Power Lifter’s Meet is on Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- The Canadian Coast Guard College is celebrating its 50th anniversary and cordially invites students and staff to an Open House on Friday, November 20, 2015, between 10:00 and 15:00 This is a great opportunity for guidance counsellors, teachers and students to learn about the Canadian Coast Guard College and its programs.
- The Montague High Disney Choir is having a Yard, Craft, and Bake Sale on Saturday, November 21, from 9am – 1pm. Admission will be $2/person and all proceeds will go to the Disney Choir.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- NSCC is hosting a Nautical Marine Day on Thursday, November 26, in Port Hawksbury, Nova Scotia. Any interested students should see Ms.Victor.
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting our school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during our lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Don’t forget to enter the yearbook contest! “People who buy a yearbook this year will have something in common with Brad Richards. What is it?” If you know the correct answer to this question, you will win free personalization on your yearbook order. Submit your answer by November 27.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Please reserve Friday, December 4, from 5:30 to7:30pm for the MRHS school library fundraiser at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. MRHS choir students will entertain shoppers with their musical talents. A percentage of sales will go towards new purchases for our school library.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wed