It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Olivia Frankfurt.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Mindy Johnston for Charlie Trainor (pm), Hailey Batchilder for Jennifer Murphy, Donna White for Jennifer Victor, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Marla McCarron for Pauline Kelly, Jenny McCarron for Yvonne Higgins.
- All Disney Choir students should report to Learning Centre B with their choir jackets at first break.
- Dodgeball Action Today: Ballerinas play Squad Balls.
- Students interested in doing scorekeeping for basketball should see Ms. Nabuurs or Jasmine Knight this week. Pay is $10 per game. Scorekeepers will be trained prior to the beginning of the season.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Monday when Staff Hawks take on Bad Mamajamas.
- Saint FX will be here on Monday, November 16, for on the spot admissions. In order to take advantage of the event, students must sign up for an appointment time with Ms. Victor. She will have your transcripts prepared in advance. Go to Student Services before noon today to make an appointment.
- University of Toronto will be doing a presentation at Charlottetown Rural’s Lecture Theatre on Wednesday, November 18, from 6:30 to 8:00pm for interested students and parents.
- Saint Mary’s University will be hosting an information session at the Confederation Centre of Arts on November 18 from 7:00 to 8:30pm. St. Mary’s will be waiving the application fee so students need to bring a transcript with them for early admissions.
- Culinary Class is planning the November 19th Meal: Crisp broccoli covered in a smooth creamy sauce with crispy bacon and island grown red onions, crunchy carrots and PEI cheddar cheese, freshly baked baguette, still warm from the oven, covered in a homemade garlic spread, lasagna made with handcrafted noodles with mozzarella, parmesan and cottage cheese, mouth watering Roma tomato sauce and PEI ground beef, a refreshing icy drink with freshly squeezed lime and vibrant green mint, and vanilla sponge cake smothered in strawberries and whipped cream. All this for $8.
- Power Lifter’s Meet is on Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- The Canadian Coast Guard College is celebrating its 50th anniversary and cordially invites students and staff to an Open House on Friday, November 20, 2015, between 10:00 and 15:00 This is a great opportunity for guidance counsellors, teachers and students to learn about the Canadian Coast Guard College and its programs.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- NSCC is hosting a Nautical Marine Day on Thursday, November 26, in Port Hawksbury, Nova Scotia. Any interested students should see Ms.Victor.
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting our school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during our lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Don’t forget to enter the yearbook contest! “People who buy a yearbook this year will have something in common with Brad Richards. What is it?” If you know the correct answer to this question, you will win free personalization on your yearbook order. Submit your answer by November 27.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.