It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Steven Hicken and Liese Manchester. Belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Dawson McCarthy, Ellie Beck, and Kathleen Chandler.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Mary Ellen Campbell, Mindy Johnston for Christie Beck, Colleen Norris and Donna White for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Marla McCarron for Toby Murphy.
- There will be block meetings for all peer helpers today.
- Saint Thomas University will be here today from 11:30 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. Come and hear what this university has to offer and ask any questions you may have.
- Powerlifters: Sessions today after school.
- Dodgeball Action Today: Cardigan Feed Flyers take on the Backwoods River Horses.
- Men’s Basketball: 4:30 to 5:30pm Track Run/Fitness Session…outdoor shoes and dress for the weather. 5:30 to 7:30pm Practice.
- Congratulations to the following athletes who were named to the PEISAA Provincial All Star Teams in the respective sports:
- Women’s A Volleyball: Grace Rooney, Molly Stewart, and Emma Prosper
- Women’s A Soccer: Sarah MacVarish
- Men’s AAA Soccer: Michael VanderZwaag, Daniel Whalen
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Friday: Ballerinas play Squad Balls.
- There will not be choir rehearsal on Tuesday after school.
- There will be Disney Choir on Thursday from 3:30-5:00.
- There will be a grad activity meeting on Thursday November 12, at 12pm in Room 119.
- Attention Grade 12 students! STRIVE is starting up again at MRHS and is open to any Grade 12 student who has or wants to make a change in regards to attendance, academics, or attitude. Interested students should attend the first meeting on November 12 at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. Pizza will be provided and interested Grade 12 students are encouraged to attend and see what STRIVE is all about. If you have any questions, please see Ms.Victor.
- University of Toronto will be doing a presentation at Charlottetown Rural’s Lecture Theatre on Wednesday, November 18, from 6:30 – 8:00pm for interested students and parents.
- Culinary Class is planning the November 19th Meal: Crisp broccoli covered in a smooth creamy sauce with crispy bacon and island grown red onions, crunchy carrots and PEI cheddar cheese, freshly baked baguette, still warm from the oven, covered in a homemade garlic spread, lasagna made with handcrafted noodles with mozzarella, parmesan and cottage cheese, mouth watering Roma tomato sauce and PEI ground beef, a refreshing icy drink with freshly squeezed lime and vibrant green mint, and vanilla sponge cake smothered in strawberries and whipped cream. All this for $8.
- Power Lifter’s Meet is on Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- The Canadian Coast Guard College is celebrating its 50th anniversary and cordially invites students and staff to an Open House on Friday, November 20, 2015, between 10:00 and 15:00 This is a great opportunity for guidance counsellors, teachers and students to learn about the Canadian Coast Guard College and its programs.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting our school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during our lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.