It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Mary Ellen Campbell, Jessica Campbell for Donna White, Vanessa Foster for Christie Beck (pm), Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Marla McCarron for Toby Murphy.
- Fly Tyers will meet today at 11:45am in Mr. Trainor’s room. New members welcome!
- Retake orders are due today. Pass in to Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
- Found in the Women’s Locker Room: Set of contacts. Check in at the office if you are missing your “eyes”.
- Remembrance Day: Public is invited to the MRHS Remembrance Day Ceremony this evening, starting at 7:00 pm in the Cafeteria.
- Culinary Class are planning the November 19th Meal: Crisp broccoli covered in a smooth creamy sauce with crispy bacon and island grown red onions, crunchy carrots and PEI cheddar cheese, freshly baked baguette, still warm from the oven, covered in a homemade garlic spread, lasagna made with handcrafted noodles with mozzarella, parmesan and cottage cheese, mouth watering Roma tomato sauce and PEI ground beef, a refreshing icy drink with freshly squeezed lime and vibrant green mint, and vanilla sponge cake smothered in strawberries and whipped cream. All this for $8; sign up during lunch break at the ticket booth.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Morganne Rice. Morganne is dedicated to every sport she plays and she excelled last week by scoring the winning goal for the field hockey team in the Championship game. She was also named all star and MVP for the season!
- MRHS Juice Box Male Co-Athlete of the Week: Milo Ryan. Milo led the Viking defense in the playoffs, and was exceptionally strong in the tackle in the team’s 2-1 victory over Bluefield in the bronze medal game.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Co-Athlete of the Week: Tanner Crant. Tanner used his speed to his advantage in the midfield in the bronze medal game, his strongest game of the season.
- Dodgeball Today: Sitting Ducks play Bad Mamajamas
- All athletes must return their uniforms to the PE office at noon time this week. Athletes who have not returned their uniforms will not be able to purchase Christmas dance tickets.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Cardigan Feed Flyers take on the Backwoods River Horses on Monday.
2015-16 Men’s Basketball Tryout Schedule:
- Wednesday: 4:30-5:30pm Track Run/Fitness Session…outdoor shoes and dress for the weather.
- Wednesday: 5:30-7:30pm On Court Evaluation # 3
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday – TBA
- Players interested in trying out must register in advance in room 120. Spread the word!
- Cafeteria: Thursday is April’s Donair Day; cost is $6. Check it out!
- Postcards for Peace should be returned by Thursday, November 5. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Saint Thomas University will be here on November 9 from 11:30 to 12:30 in the library conference room. Come and hear what this university has to offer and ask any questions you may have.
- University of Toronto will be doing a presentation at Charlottetown Rural’s Lecture Theatre on Thursday, November 18, from 6:30 – 8:00pm for interested students and parents.
- Power Lifter’s Meet is on Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- The Canadian Coast Guard College is celebrating its 50th anniversary and cordially invites students and staff to an Open House on Friday, November 20, 2015, between 10:00 and 15:00 This is a great opportunity for guidance counsellors, teachers and students to learn about the Canadian Coast Guard College and its programs.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff from Parks Canada will be visiting your school on Friday, November 27, 2015 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. They will be there during your lunch hour so don’t miss this opportunity.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.