It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Matt Kelly (pm), Hailey Batchilder for Sandra Hicken (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
- A student misplaced his phone yesterday, a black Hieuii cell. Anyone finding this phone is asked to bring it to the office.
- All SPC card money needs to be handed in to Ms. Beaton by the end of the day today.
- All Band students who are participating in the Remembrance Day Concert should help set up today, right after lunch. You must be dressed and ready to play at 9:00am on Wednesday.
- Culinary Class are planning the November 19th Meal: Crisp broccoli covered in a smooth creamy sauce with crispy bacon and island grown red onions, crunchy carrots and PEI cheddar cheese, freshly baked baguette, still warm from the oven, covered in a homemade garlic spread, lasagna made with handcrafted noodles with mozzarella, parmesan and cottage cheese, mouth watering Roma tomato sauce and PEI ground beef, a refreshing icy drink with freshly squeezed lime and vibrant green mint, and vanilla sponge cake smothered in strawberries and whipped cream. All this for $8; sign up during lunch break at the ticket booth.
- Dodgeball Today: Squad Balls play Backwoods River Horses
- The Men’s Volleyball team lost in three close sets to Charlottetown Rural in quarterfinal action last night.
- All athletes must return their uniforms to the PE office at lunch time this week!
- Next Dodgeball Action: Sitting Ducks take on Bad Mamajamas on Wednesday.
2015-16 Men’s Basketball Tryout Schedule:
- Tuesday: 4:30-5:30pm Track Run/Fitness Session…outdoor shoes and dress for the weather.
- Tuesday: 5:30-7:30pm On Court Evaluation # 2
- Wednesday: 4:30-5:30pm Track Run/Fitness Session…outdoor shoes and dress for the weather.
- Wednesday: 5:30-7:30pm On Court Evaluation # 3
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday – TBA
- Players interested in trying out must register in advance in room 120. Spread the word!
- Remembrance Day: Public is invited to the MRHS Remembrance Day Ceremony on Wednesday, November 4, starting at 7:00 pm in the Cafeteria.
- Fly Tyers will meet Wednesday at 11:45am in Mr. Trainor’s room. New members welcome!
- Postcards for Peace should be returned by Thursday, November 5. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Saint Thomas University will be here on November 9 from 11:30 to 12:30 in the library conference room. Come and hear what this university has to offer and ask any questions you may have.
- University of Toronto will be doing a presentation at Charlottetown Rural’s Lecture Theatre on Thursday, November 18, from 6:30 – 8:00pm for interested students and parents.
- Power Lifter’s Meet is on Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- The Canadian Coast Guard College is celebrating its 50th anniversary and cordially invites students and staff to an Open House on Friday, November 20, 2015, between 10:00 and 15:00 This is a great opportunity for guidance counsellors, teachers and students to learn about the Canadian Coast Guard College and its programs.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Retake proofs are due Wednesday morning, November 4.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.