It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Nicole Richards who will celebrate her special day over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Natasha Nabuurs, Colin Clarke for Kirk White (pm), Mindy Johnston for Donna White, Harold Brothers for Carl Evans, Marla McCarron for Pauline Kelly.
Spirit Week ends today with Hallowe’en Costume Dress-Up Day. Those who dress up, be sure to stop by Ms. Beaton’s room (Room 139) at lunch for a treat. Hope to see lots of ghosts and goblins!
It’s Library Week at MRHS!
- Those who are dressed as your favorite literary character today should visit the Library and get a chance to win a free book!
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Thursday, November 5. See Mrs. Killeen for more details. Parents and community members will have an opportunity to fill one out Wednesday evening, November 4, at evening service.
- November Teen Reader and Holiday book flyers from Scholastic have arrived. Get started on your Christmas shopping!
- Fly Tyers will meet today at 11:45 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Daylight Savings Time ends this weekend. Don’t forget to set your clocks back on Sunday morning.
- Student Council: SPC card money is due to Ms. Beaton today. There are seven cards left. If anyone is interested in purchasing one please see Ms. Beaton in Room 139. They are $10.
- Culinary Meal is being served today. Pick up your meal in Room 136.
- Any choir members who want to order a jacket or hoodie should see Ms. Hicken in Room 133 for a form.
- Men’s Basketball : There will be a very important meeting today at 12 noon in Room 120. The meeting will outline the tryout process for next week as well as the training schedule for the season. ALL INTERESTED IN PLAYING THIS YEAR MUST ATTEND.
- Women’s Soccer Bus departs at 3:15 pm today.
- First Women’s Basketball tryout is Monday from 3:30-5:30 pm.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Mark Morrison. Mark has been a team leader and practices and plays hard. He has played several different positions this year and adapts well to change. He was a top performer in our league matches last week playing both power hitter and setter.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Co-Athlete of the Week: Hannah Annear. Hannah had a dominating performance against Francois Buote with consistent serving and aggressive blocks and hits at the net. A difference maker for us in the game.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Co-Athlete of the Week: Martha Cudmore. Martha has been playing a phenomenal season in net this year for MRHS and we are looking forward to seeing her in action during the playoffs. Martha is a positive and dedicated team player and we couldn’t have had such a great soccer season without her.
- MRHS is pleased to be hosting the PEISAA A Women’s Volleyball Championships on Saturday! Semifinal Matches: 9:30 am; Bronze Medal Match: 11:30 am; and Gold Medal Match: 1:00 pm.
- Next Dodgeball Action: 4th Line Grind play Moose on Monday, November 2.
- Power Lifter’s Meet is on Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- Remembrance Day: Public is invited to the MRHS Remembrance Day Ceremony on Wednesday, November 4, starting at 7:00 pm in the Cafeteria.
- Saint Thomas University will be here on November 9 from 11:30 to 12:30 in the library conference room. Come and hear what this university has to offer and ask any questions you may have.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Retake proofs have arrived and are due Wednesday morning, November 4.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.