It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jory Donovan. Belated greetings to the following students who had their birthdays over this past weekend: Cordell Blaisdell, Kestra Greer, Kristin MacDonald, Emily Brothers, Dexter Fraser, and Colton Matheson.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler, Mindy Johnston, Adam Clow, Molly Bell, colin Clarke, Brett Wilson, and Wanda Cheverie.
This is Spirit Week at MRHS! All staff and students are encouraged to take part!
- Monday: Viking Spirit Day
- Tuesday: Twinsie Tuesday
- Wednesday: 80’s Workout Wednesday
- Thursday: Pajama Day
- Friday: Hallowe’en Costume Dress-Up Day
- There will be a Student Council meeting today at 11:50 in Room 139. Please bring your SPC Card money.
- It’s “Library Week” at MRHS! Stop by the library today to fill out a ballot for a free book to be won all week! Other fun activities this week! Stay tuned to daily announcements! Be thinking how you could win a $20 gift card to Chapters Indigo with a literary costume connection on Friday.
- Makayla Rayner, please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
- Dodgeball Today: Bad Mamajamas play Moose.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Sitting Ducks take on the Staff Hawks.
- Women’s Soccer team plays today at 4 against Evangeline.
- Women’s Volleyball bus departs for Francois Buote at 3:30pm today.
- Men’s Volleyball bus departs for Westisle at 3:00pm today.
- Today’s Home games: Men’s Soccer quarterfinal against TOSH 4:00pm and Women’s Soccer quarterfinal against Evangeline at 4:00pm
- Good luck to the Women’s Field Hockey team in their semifinal game tonight. Game is at Cornwall turf at 5:45pm.
- The Powerlifting meet has been moved to Thursday, November 19. See Earl or Mr. Toole if you have any questions.
- The University of New Brunswick will be hosting a “Future Student Night” on Wednesday, October 28, at 7:00pm at the Loyalist Country Inn in Summerside and Thursday October 29, at 7 pm at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown. These sessions will feature a presentation and a chance to talk with UNB representatives about admissions, scholarships, student life, and more. Interested student can even have their application assessed on the spot. Students must request a transcript prior to the event if they want admissions on the spot.
- Saint Thomas University will be here on November 9 from 11:30 to 12:30 in the library conference room. Come and hear what this university has to offer and ask any questions you may have.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested in finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Grad Photos: Any Grade 12 student who wishes to borrow a grad gown/sash for a photo shoot outside the school should reserve a gown at the main office once you have your appointment made. There is a $30 deposit required for each gown rental; this payment is refunded once the gown is returned in good condition. There are six gowns and sashes available from the main office. Any students who are planning a large group photo shoot, requiring more than six gowns, must have one individual responsible for supplying the deposit in the form of a cheque for the full amount (e.g. 8 gowns = $240.00 cheque), picking up all the gowns, and returning them in a timely manner. Your cooperation is appreciated regarding this matter.
- Any Grades 11 or 12 students interested in volunteering at Kings County Memorial Hospital and Riverview Manor are reminded that applications are due Thursday, October 29, to Ms. Victor.
- Heritage Minute video submissions are open to Canadian students in Grade 5-12 and are due November 30, 2015. Check out http://storiesofsirjohna.ca/#student-resources or see Mrs. Killeen for more info.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- How We Remember Contest: Submissions of a drawing, painting, poem or short story around the theme of remembrance of the First or Second World War will be accepted. More details are available from Mrs. Killeen or at http://canada1914-1945.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/contest-rules.pdf
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.