It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kirandeep Kaur and Ms. Maureen MacDonald. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Stephanie Bailey, Michaela Bell, Jonathan Schellekens, and Jenna Smith.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Kaitlin McManus for KirstenWalker.
- Photo retakes are today. You should have your proof envelope with you when you go for your retake!
- Reminder for students in Mr. Lea’s Poetry Club: Email Mr. Lea a Remembrance Day piece tonight. Meeting tomorrow.
- Any Grade 12 students who are interested in Physics Enrichment program at UPEI must meet with Mr. Stewart by Tuesday!
- Don’t forget: You only have three days this week to help out! Support the ‘Seventh Annual Fill the Shelves Food Drive’ for the Southern Kings and Queens Food Bank. Bring in your non-perishable food items or monetary donations and see which home room can collect the most! Donations will be picked up on Monday, October 26, so get to it! Student Council is promoting this homeroom competition and will be presenting the winning room with a prize!
- Dodgeball Today: Backwoods River Horses play Body Shots
- Women’s Soccer team bus departs for Evangeline at 2:00 pm.
- Men’s Soccer and Men’s Volleyball team bus departs for Bluefield at 3:00 pm.
- Men’s Basketball: Strength and Agility training today at 4pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Today’s Home Game: Field Hockey vs TOSH at 5:15 pm.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Sitting Ducks play the Staffhawks on Wednesday.
- Athletes of the Week should see Ms. Nabuurs for your coupon for a smoothie at The Juice Box!
- School Picture orders are due tomorrow! Pass in to homeroom teachers. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online.
- The University of New Brunswick will be hosting a “Future Student Night” on Wednesday, October 28, at 7:00pm at the Loyalist Country Inn in Summerside and Thursday October 29, at 7 pm at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown. These sessions will feature a presentation and a chance to talk with UNB representatives about admissions, scholarships, student life, and more. Interested student can even have their application assessed on the spot. Students must request a transcript prior to the event if they want admissions on the spot.
- Saint Thomas University will be here on November 9 from 11:30 to 12:30 in the library conference room. Come and hear what this university has to offer and ask any questions you may have.
- Memorial University will be here on Thursday, November 26, from 11:45 to 12:30. If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please come to the Library Conference room.
- Acadia University is here on Wednesday, December 2, and will be in the Library Conference room for any students interested finding out more about Acadia.
- Saint Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Heritage Minute video submissions are open to Canadian students in Grade 5-12 and are due November 30, 2015. Check out http://storiesofsirjohna.ca/#student-resources or see Mrs. Killeen for more info.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- How We Remember Contest: Submissions of a drawing, painting, poem or short story around the theme of remembrance of the First or Second World War will be accepted. More details are available from Mrs. Killeen or at http://canada1914-1945.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/contest-rules.pdf
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.