It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Derek Snook.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Ronnie Munn (am) & Natasha Nabuurs (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy
- The History 621A class will be conducting a student vote today. They will be visiting home room classes to collect students to take them to the polling station to cast their ballots.
- Anyone wanting to donate to the Children’s Wish Wishmaker Walk, please see Logan White at noon today.
- Fly Tyers Group meets today at 11:45am in Mr. Trainor’s room 131. No experience is necessary; all materials will be supplied.
- Help support the ‘Seventh Annual Fill the Shelves Food Drive’ for the Southern Kings and Queens Food Bank. Bring in your non-perishable food items or monetary donations and see which home room can collect the most! Donations will be picked up on Monday, October 26, so get to it! Student Council is promoting this homeroom competition and will be presenting the winning room with a prize!
- School Portrait Retakes are Monday. You should have your proof envelope with you when you go for your retake!
- Congratulations to the Cross Country team who represented MRHS very well at provincials yesterday. In the Juvenile Women division, Grace Gormley won the silver medal. In the Senior Women division, MRHS had 4 runners place in the top 10 with Ally Clements winning bronze medal. Both Juvenile and Senior Men had strong races with MRHS placing in respectable positions at the provincial level.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week is Sarah Visser. Sarah has been chosen as the team captain and has been proving to be a great team leader. She is a force to be reckoned with on defense!
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week is Trevor Whalen. Trevor recorded a shut-out in an important 4 point game against Westisle.
- Athletes of the Week should see Ms. Nabuurs for your coupon for a smoothie at The Juice Box!
- Dodgeball Today: Squad Balls take on Cardigan Feed Flyers.
- Men’s Soccer team departs for Colonel Gray at 12:45pm today.
- Women’s Soccer and Volleyball teams depart for Morell at 3:15 pm today. The bus will be leaving from the Wellness Centre parking lot.
- Today’s Home Game: Field Hockey plays Bluefield at 5:15pm.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Backwoods River Horses vs Body Shots on Monday, Oct. 19.
- School Picture orders are due Tuesday, October 20, to homeroom teachers. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online.
- Thomas University will be here on November 9 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30.
- Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Heritage Minute video submissions are open to Canadian students in Grade 5-12 and are due November 30, 2015. Check out http://storiesofsirjohna.ca/#student-resources or see Mrs. Killeen for more info.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- How We Remember Contest: Submissions of a drawing, painting, poem or short story around the theme of remembrance of the First or Second World War will be accepted. More details are available from Mrs. Killeen or at http://canada1914-1945.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/contest-rules.pdf
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.