It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Lachlainn de Montbrun, Luke Dorsey, Kassidy Kerr, Kendra Kerr
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jillian Maguire for Gail Greene (pm), Harris Campbell for Matthew Killeen
- The names of the successful applicants for Student Council are listed outside the Student Council office. The first meeting will be this coming Monday at 11:50 in Room 139.
- Cross Country Provincial meet is today at Charlottetown Rural. The bus will be leaving the school at 11:15 am and will return to Montague by 4:00 pm.
- Heckberts are here today during lunch break in Ms. McLane’s room, to take grad photo orders. Students are reminded to bring their proofs and orders.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week is Sarah Visser. Sarah has been chosen as the team captain and has been proving to be a great team leader. She is a force to be reckoned with on defense!
- Athletes of the Week should see Ms. Nabuurs for your coupon for a smoothie at The Juice Box!
- Men’s Soccer and Volleyball teams will depart for Colonel Gray at 3:00pm.
- Men’s Basketball : Strength and Agility training today at 3:45pm in the fitness centre.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Friday when Squad Balls take on Cardigan Feed Flyers.
- Women’s Soccer team will play in Morell on Friday at 4:30pm.
- The History 621A class will be conducting a student vote for our school to coincide with the upcoming federal election. Students will visit the polling station to cast their ballots during A-Block on Friday, October 16. It should take no longer than ten minutes per class.
- Fly Tyers Group meets Friday at 11:45am in Mr. Trainor’s room 131. No experience is necessary; all materials will be supplied.
- School Picture orders are due Tuesday, October 20, to homeroom teachers. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online. School Portrait orders Retakes are Monday, October19. If you require a retake, remember to bring your proof on that day!
- Thomas University will be here on November 9 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30.
- Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Heritage Minute video submissions are open to Canadian students in Grade 5-12 and are due November 30, 2015. Check out http://storiesofsirjohna.ca/#student-resources or see Mrs. Killeen for more info.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- How We Remember Contest: Submissions of a drawing, painting, poem or short story around the theme of remembrance of the First or Second World War will be accepted. More details are available from Mrs. Killeen or at http://canada1914-1945.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/contest-rules.pdf
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.