It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kelly Clements.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brett Wilson and Donna White
- Abby Munro and Sydney MacNeil are asked to please see Mrs. Killeen.
- The following students should meet Mrs. Power in the Library at 12:10: Mikayla Laird, Mia Levesque, Alyssa Thaxter, Celina McGuigan, Stephen Chandler.
- Remembrance Day Service MC auditions will be held today at 11:43am.
- Post Secondary Day: Representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria today to answer any questions students may have about post secondary studies. Grade 12 students will visit from 1:15 to 3:00pm; Grade 11 students from 2:15 to 3:00pm; and Grade 10 students can visit the Cafeteria during afternoon break.
- Dodgeball Today: Moose play the Staff Hawks.
- The Women’s Volleyball and Field Hockey teams will depart at 3:00pm today.
- No Men’s Basketball today….GO JAYS!!
- Cross Country runners are reminded that the provincial meet is Thursday, October 15, at Charlottetown Rural. The bus will be leaving the school at 11:15 am and will return to Montague by 4:00 pm.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Friday when Squad Balls take on Cardigan Feed Flyers.
- Women’s Soccer team will practice today at 3:30. Next game will be in Morell on Friday at 4:30pm.
- Heckberts will be here this Thursday, October 15, during lunch break in Ms. McLane’s room, to take grad photo orders. Students are reminded to bring their deposits or call Heckberts in advance to arrange credit card orders.
- The History 621A class will be conducting a student vote for our school to coincide with the upcoming federal election. Students will visit the polling station to cast their ballots during A-Block on Friday, October 16. It should take no longer than ten minutes per class.
- Fly Tyers Group meets Friday at 11:45am in Mr. Trainor’s room 131. No experience is necessary; all materials will be supplied.
- School Picture orders are due Tuesday, October 20, to homeroom teachers. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online. School Portrait orders Retakes are Monday, October19. If you require a retake, remember to bring your proof on that day!
- Thomas University will be here on November 9 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30.
- Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Heritage Minute video submissions are open to Canadian students in Grade 5-12 and are due November 30, 2015. Check out http://storiesofsirjohna.ca/#student-resources or see Mrs. Killeen for more info.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- How We Remember Contest: Submissions of a drawing, painting, poem or short story around the theme of remembrance of the First or Second World War will be accepted. More details are available from Mrs. Killeen or at http://canada1914-1945.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/contest-rules.pdf
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.