It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Belated Greetings to Brianna MacDonald who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brett Wilson for Michael Stewart, Dean Lackie for Chantelle Beaton, Morgan Byng for Dawn MacIsaac (am), Nicole Butler for Sandra Hicken (am), Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson (am).
- Grads will be going for an outdoor class photo this morning. Students will travel by bus, leaving at 9:30, to the photo shoot (no personal vehicles).
- Staff would like to recognize and thank Student Council executive for the “visit” last Friday morning. The coffee and treats were unexpected but certainly appreciated!
- Malone’s extra help will be at lunch today (11:45) in her room (113) instead of after school.
- Each month, we recognize students who have made a difference at MRHS. This could be for showing character, integrity or compassion toward a peer, or improving significantly in a course. The winners for September were Matthew MacDonald and Hayden Somers. They received a certificate and a coupon for Greco/Frozu.
- Have you ever wanted to make your own Heritage Minute? Canadian students are invited to explore the legacy of the Fathers of Confederation and Sir John A., through the creation of their own Heritage Minute–style video. The contest is open to Canadian students in grades 5-12. Submissions are due November 30, 2015. Check out http://storiesofsirjohna.ca/#student-resources or see Mrs. Killeen for more info.
Men’s Basketball: Strength and Agility training today at 4pm; Scrimmage tonight at 7:15pm.
Dodgeball Today: Bad Mamajamas play 4th Line Grind.
- Next Dodgeball action is tomorrow (Wednesday) when Moose take on the Staff Hawks.
- Women’s Soccer team will practice today and tomorrow at 3:30. Next game will be in Morell on Friday at 4:30pm.
- Remembrance Day Service MC auditions will be held on Wednesday, October 14, at 11:43am.
- Post Secondary Day: Wednesday, October 14. Representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any questions students may have about post secondary studies. Grade 12 students will visit from 1:15 to 3:00pm; Grade 11 students from 2:15 to 3:00pm; and Grade 10 students can visit the Cafeteria during afternoon break.
- Heckberts will be here this Thursday, October 15, during lunch break in Ms. McLane’s room, to take grad photo orders. Students are reminded to bring their deposits or call Heckberts in advance to arrange credit card orders.
- The History 621A class will be conducting a student vote for our school to coincide with the upcoming federal election. Students will visit the polling station to cast their ballots during A-Block on Friday, October 16. It should take no longer than ten minutes per class.
- Fly Tyers Group meets Friday at 11:45am in Mr. Trainor’s room 131. No experience is necessary; all materials will be supplied.
- School Picture orders are due Tuesday, October 20, to homeroom teachers. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online. School Portrait orders Retakes are Monday, October19. If you require a retake, remember to bring your proof on that day!
- Thomas University will be here on November 9 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30.
- Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- United World College scholarships are available to eligible PEI students. PEI typically sends 1-2 students for this 2 year scholarship program each year. Applications to the UWC opened during the first week of September and close on December 1, 2015. A representative will be here in Room 84 on Tuesday, October 13, to speak to Grade 11 and 12 students who are interested in this amazing opportunity. Students with questions should see Ms. Victor.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- How We Remember Contest: Want to win an iPad mini while paying remembrance? The submitted art or writing piece can be a drawing, painting, poem or short story around the theme of remembrance of the First or Second World War. Individuals participating in How We Remember may enter by completing a submission form. First prize winners will receive an iPad mini, second & third prize winners will receive an iPod nano. More details are available from Mrs. Killeen or at http://canada1914-1945.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/contest-rules.pdf
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.