It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to: Ethan MacKay
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Hailey Batchilder for Sandra Hicken, Morgan Byng for Dawn MacIsaac, Marla McCarron for Gail Johnston, Sarah Mosher for Jennifer Murphy.
- Envirothon teams are to meet with Mr. Killeen in Room 139 at the start of lunch break today.
- Students are reminded that service in the Cafeteria is not available during class time. Cafeteria staff members are busy with food preparation during this time, so students should expect service only before school or during breaks. Thank you for your cooperation.
- This is Thanksgiving long weekend; remember there are no classes on Monday, October 12.
- How We Remember Contest: Want to win an iPad mini while paying remembrance? The submitted art or writing piece can be a drawing, painting, poem or short story around the theme of remembrance of the First or Second World War. Individuals participating in How We Remember may enter by completing a submission form. First prize winners will receive an iPad mini, second & third prize winners will receive an iPod nano. More details are available from Mrs. Killeen or at http://canada1914-1945.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/contest-rules.pdf
Athletes of the Week:
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Savannah Vandenberghe. Savannah works hard during practice and has a positive attitude. During a game, she is ready a willing to play any position asked of her. She scored 2 goals during our last game against TOSH and is often the first player to the ball!
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Zach Lund. Zach scored twice in the soccer team’s 2-0 defeat of Charlottetown Rural. Zach leads by example with his incredible work ethic.
- Women’s Soccer team will practice on Tuesday, October 13, at 3:30. There will be a home game on Thursday, October 15, against Francois Buote and an away game on Friday, October 16, against Morell.
- The table tennis table is by the spectator entrance to the gym and can be taken into the cafeteria daily at lunch time. Students who wish to play can get the equipment (net, paddles, ball) from the PE teacher on duty in the PE office at lunch time.
- Grads should be prepared for an outdoor class photo on Tuesday morning (October 13). Grads will travel by bus to the photo shoot (no personal vehicles).
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Tuesday (change of day): Bad Mamajamas play 4th Line Grind.
- Remembrance Day Service MC auditions will be held on Wednesday, October 14, at 11:43am.
- Post Secondary Day: Wednesday, October 14. Representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any questions students may have about post secondary studies. Grade 12 students will visit from 1:15 to 3:00pm; Grade 11 students from 2:15 to 3:00pm; and Grade 10 students can visit the Cafeteria during afternoon break.
- Heckberts will be here next Thursday, October 15, during lunch break in Ms. McLane’s room, to take grad photo orders. Students are reminded to bring their deposits or call Heckberts in advance to arrange credit card orders.
- The History 621A class will be conducting a student vote for our school to coincide with the upcoming federal election. Students will visit the polling station to cast their ballots during A-Block on Friday, October 16. It should take no longer than ten minutes per class.
- School Picture orders are due Tuesday, October 20, to homeroom teachers. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online. School Portrait orders Retakes are Monday, October19. If you require a retake, remember to bring your proof on that day!
- Thomas University will be here on November 9 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30.
- Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- United World College scholarships are available to eligible PEI students. PEI typically sends 1-2 students for this 2 year scholarship program each year. Applications to the UWC opened during the first week of September and close on December 1, 2015. A representative will be here in Room 84 on Tuesday, October 13, to speak to Grade 11 and 12 students who are interested in this amazing opportunity. Students with questions should see Ms. Victor.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- Attention, MRHS! Keep your eyes peeled and phones ready. We are looking for pictures of random acts of kindness throughout the school. If you happen to see someone helping others, or even just being an amazing person, snap apick, and send it to email@example.com. All photographers involved will receive a delicious prize. Good luck, and happy picture-taking!
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.