It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Charlie Trainor, Hailey Batchilder for Sandra Hicken, Adam Clow for Jennifer Victor, Donna White for Christie Beck, Harold Brothers for Carl Evans, Harris Campbell for Jared Cheverie, Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, Marla McCarron for Gail Johnston.
- The following students are asked to go to Ms. Oehlke’s room during first break: Luke Dorsey, Denver MacDonald, Avery Smith, Zak Chandler, and Cody Taylor.
- There will be block meetings for peer helpers today. Please go to Ms. Beaton’s room at the beginning of your peer helping block.
- Any student who is interested in being one of the MC’s for the Remembrance Day Service should see Ms. Beck today to receive a monologue which he or she will have to prepare. Auditions will be held on Wednesday, October 14, at 11:43am.
Athletes of the Week:
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Savannah Vandenberghe. Savannah works hard during practice and has a positive attitude. During a game, she is ready a willing to play any position asked of her. She scored 2 goals during our last game against TOSH and is often the first player to the ball!
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Zach Lund. Zach scored twice in the soccer team’s 2-0 defeat of Charlottetown Rural. Zach leads by example with his incredible work ethic.
- Women’s Soccer team defeated Souris yesterday 6-2 and there will be a practice today after school. Next home game is on October 15.
- Field Hockey bus will depart at 2:45 pm today for the game v. Charlottetown Rural (Cornwall Turf)
- The table tennis table is by the spectator entrance to the gym and can be taken into the cafeteria daily at lunch time. Students who wish to play can get the equipment (net, paddles, ball) from the PE teacher on duty in the PE office at lunch time.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Tuesday (change of day): Bad Mamajamas play 4th Line Grind.
- School Picture orders are due Tuesday, October 20, to homeroom teachers. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online. School Portrait orders Retakes are Monday, October19. If you require a retake, remember to bring your proof on that day!
- Post Secondary Day: Wednesday, October 14. Representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any questions students may have about post secondary studies. Grade 12 students will visit from 1:15 to 3:00pm; Grade 11 students from 2:15 to 3:00pm; and Grade 10 students can visit the Cafeteria during afternoon break.
- Thomas University will be here on November 9 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30.
- Mary’s University will be here on December 3 to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- Attention, MRHS! Keep your eyes peeled and phones ready. We are looking for pictures of random acts of kindness throughout the school. If you happen to see someone helping others, or even just being an amazing person, snap apick, and send it to email@example.com. All photographers involved will receive a delicious prize. Good luck, and happy picture-taking!
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.