It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to: Anthonie Honkoop, Logan White.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Isis Fluegge for Karen Malone, Marla McCarron for Gail Johnston.
- School Pictures proofs will be distributed this morning at the end of A-Block. Your school picture is also available online. Simply go to ca to view. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online. School Portrait orders are due Tuesday, October 20, to homeroom teachers. Retakes are Monday, October19. If you require a retake, remember to bring your proof on that day!
- Any student who is interested in being one of the MC’s for the Remembrance Day Service should see Ms. Beck on Thursday, October 8, to receive a monologue which he or she will have to prepare. Auditions will be held on Wednesday, October 14, at 11:43am.
Athletics of the Week:
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Savannah Vandenberghe. Savannah works hard during practice and has a positive attitude. During a game, she is ready a willing to play any position asked of her. She scored 2 goals during our last game against TOSH and is often the first player to the ball!
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Zach Lund. Zach scored twice in the soccer team’s 2-0 defeat of Charlottetown Rural. Zach leads by example with his incredible work ethic.
- Today in Dodgeball: Body Shots play Cardigan Feed Flyers.
- Women’s Soccer team will practice today and Thursday at 3:30pm.
- Today’s Home Games: Women’s Soccer v. Souris at 5:15 pm; Women’s Volleyball v. Souris at 5:15 pm; Men’s Volleyball v. Charlottetown Rural at 7 pm; Field Hockey v. Charlottetown Rural at 5:15 pm
- Thursday: Field Hockey bus will depart at 2:45 pm for the game v. Charlottetown Rural (Cornwall Turf)
- The table tennis table is by the spectator entrance to the gym and can be taken into the cafeteria daily at lunch time. Students who wish to play can get the equipment (net, paddles, ball) from the PE teacher on duty in the PE office at lunch time.
- There will be block meetings for peer helpers on Thursday. Please go to Ms. Beaton’s room at the beginning of your peer helping block.
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Friday: Bad Mamajamas play 4th Line Grind.
- On October 14, from 1:15 to 3:00pm, representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any questions you may have about post secondary studies. Ms. Victor will be around to Grade 12 classes prior to the event to give students some direction.
- Thomas University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30 on November 9.
- Mary’s University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30 on December 3.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- Attention, MRHS! Keep your eyes peeled and phones ready. We are looking for pictures of random acts of kindness throughout the school. If you happen to see someone helping others, or even just being an amazing person, snap apick, and send it to email@example.com. All photographers involved will receive a delicious prize. Good luck, and happy picture-taking!
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Cross Country team meets in the main lobby every Tuesday and Thursday at 3:
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.