It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Isis Fluegge for Karen Malone, Adam Clow for Natasha Nabuurs (pm), and Sharon Anderson (am), and Jessica Campbell for Donna White (A Block), Brett Wilson for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Allison Butler for Toby Murphy.
- Men’s Soccer meeting in Ms. Nabuurs’ office at morning break.
- Men’s Soccer team defeated Westisle 1-0 last night. Zach Lund scored the lone goal and Trevor Whalen recorded the shut-out for MRHS.
- Cross Country runners should meet the bus at 11:30 today to travel to Rural for their meet.
- Men’s Basketball: No training after school. Basketball at 7:15pm today.
- Women’s Soccer team will practice Wednesday and Thursday at 3:30pm.
- The table tennis table is by the spectator entrance to the gym and can be taken into the cafeteria daily at lunch time. Students who wish to play can get the equipment (net, paddles, ball) from the PE teacher on duty in the PE office at lunch time.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Zach Lund. Zach scored twice in the soccer team’s 2-0 defeat of Charlottetown Rural. Zach leads by example with his incredible work ethic.
- All Athletes of the Week winners to date should see Ms. Nabuurs for a coupon for a free smoothie from The Juice Box!
- Tomorrow in Dodgeball Action: Body Shots play Cardigan Feed Flyers. Next game is Friday when Bad Mamajamas play 4th Line Grind.
- There will be block meetings for peer helpers on Thursday. Please go to Ms. Beaton’s room at the beginning of your peer helping block.
- On October 14, from 1:15 to 3:00pm, representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any questions you may have about post secondary studies. Ms. Victor will be around to Grade 12 classes prior to the event to give students some direction.
- Thomas University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30 on November 9.
- Mary’s University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30 on December 3.
- The Workers Compensation Board is seeking students (two per school) for their OHS Leadership Program. OHS Leaders who complete all program requirements will receive $500 at the end of the school year. If you’re in Grade 11 or 12 and like to organize fun activities at school, this may be for you. For more info, visit pe.ca/OHSLeader or contact Clare firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- Attention, MRHS! Keep your eyes peeled and phones ready. We are looking for pictures of random acts of kindness throughout the school. If you happen to see someone helping others, or even just being an amazing person, snap apick, and send it to email@example.com. All photographers involved will receive a delicious prize. Good luck, and happy picture-taking!
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Cross Country team meets in the main lobby every Tuesday and Thursday at 3:
- Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. All are welcome.