It is a “D-C’ Day!
Happy Birthday to: Alexander MacKinnon. Belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Chase Brown, Maddy Clements, Roey Loung and Morgan Therien.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Brett Wilson for Timothy Lea, Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson, Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
• Student Council applications are due today. Anyone interested in serving on the Student Council should see Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
• The following people must meet in the music room at 12:05 today: Miranda Ings, Hannah Aitken, Sierra MacDonald, Matthew Beck, Stephen Chandler, Rachel Buell, Maria Tarenta and Cody Taylor.
• The women’s soccer team has a practice today at 3:30 pm.
• Cross Country runners have a meeting at the beginning of lunch in Room 141 ( Mr. MacDonald’s room).
• Today’s Home Game: Men’s Soccer v. Westisle at 4:30 pm
• Men’s and Women’s Volleyball bus departs for TOSH at 3:45 pm.
• Wrestling starts today. Practices are at Montague Consolidated from 4:00 to 5:30pm. All are welcome. The team will practice Mondays and Wednesdays to start the season.
• The table tennis table is by the spectator entrance to the gym and can be taken into the cafeteria daily at lunch time. Students who wish to play can get the equipment (net, paddles, ball) from the PE teacher on duty in the PE office at lunch time.
• On October 14, from 1:15 to 3:00pm, representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any questions you may have about post secondary studies. Ms. Victor will be around to Grade 12 classes prior to the event to give students some direction.
• St. Thomas University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30 on November 9.
• St. Mary’s University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30 on December 3.
• Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
• Attention, MRHS! Keep your eyes peeled and phones ready. We are looking for pictures of random acts of kindness throughout the school. If you happen to see someone helping others, or even just being an amazing person, snap apick, and send it to email@example.com. All photographers involved will receive a delicious prize. Good luck, and happy picture-taking!
• Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
• The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
• Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
• Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
• All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
• MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
• Cross Country team meets in the main lobby every Tuesday and Thursday at 3:20pm.
• CHAMP, Community Health Assessment of Montague Project, is looking for participants for eight research focus group discussions about health and health care in Montague. Participants must be 14 years of age or older. Research organizers are from the UPEI and Dalhousie Schools of Nursing. For further information or to see if you are eligible to participate in this research, contact Lisa MacDougall by phone at (902) 940-7395 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.