It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Logan Glover.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, Isis Fluegge for Karen Malone, Brett Wilson for Doug Weeks, Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Denise McGillivray for Pauline Kelly, Donna White for Seana Evans-Renaud, Bridget DeCourcey for Earl Campbell.
- Last call for Inclusion Initiative applications! Pick them up or drop them off in Learning CentreA with Mrs. Power.
- Any student interested in the Legislative Assembly Page Program should see Ms Victor for an application and more information. Applications are due to Ms. Victor today.
- Junior Achievement will be here today during lunch to meet with students who may be interested in their after-school program. Please see Kelly at the display booth in the lobby.
- Don’t forget to get your ticket for the Culinary meal being served tomorrow! Cost is $8.
- Choir rehearsal today from 3:30-5:00. Anyone who likes to sing is welcome!
- If you have an interest or are curious about the sport of fly-fishing, if you currently tie flies or want to learn how to tie flies, drop by Room 131 and speak to Mr. Trainor. If there is enough interest, a fly tyers group may run at lunch or after school. There may also be opportunities to participate in the extended Rainbow Trout fishery.
- MRHS Female Athletes of the Week: Zoie Farish, Emma Prosper, and Sarah MacVarish. Zoie and Emma had strong first games, Zoie with great passing and attack, Emma with her setting and leadership on and off the court. Zoie and Emma were also named the captains for the 2015/2016 season! Sarah scored 4 goals in a 6-0 win over Colonel Gray last week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Evan Stewart. Evan shot the best round out of 40 golfers in a provincial qualifier with a 75 at the very tough Mill River Golf Course.
- Field Hockey team results: Tuesday’s game, they defeated TOSH 1-0 and Wednesday, they defeated Colonel Gray 3-0. Kristen MacIntyre recorded the shut outs.
- The Men’s Soccer team played to a 1-1 draw against Three Oaks last night. Michael VanDerZwaag scored for the Vikings.
- There will be Women’s Volleyball practice today at 3:30pm.
- Men’s Basketball Strength and Agility training today at 4:00 pm in the fitness centre.
- Wrestling starts Monday, October 5, 4:00 – 5:30. Practices are at Montague Consolidated. All are welcome. The team will practice Mondays and Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:30 to start the season.
- It’s that time! The Culinary class is going to have its first meal tomorrow, Friday, October 2. Look for the posters with all the info posted throughout the school. The menu is lettuce wedge salad, corn bread, chili con carne (some veggie chili too in limited amounts so sign up early), apple crisp with whipped cream, and orange strawberry fizz… all for $8.00. Meal will be served at 11:50am in Room 136. Meal tickets will be sold in the ticket booth today. Note: Paid customers will be served first!
- On October 14, from 1:15 to 3:00pm, representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any questions you may have about post secondary studies. Ms. Victor will be around to Grade 12 classes prior to the event to give students some direction.
- Thomas University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30 on November 9.
- Mary’s University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30 on December 3.
- Student Council applications can be picked up in Ms. Beaton’s room (Room 139). All those interested in Student Council must fill out an application. Those who were on Student Council last year and would like to be again this year need to see Ms. Beaton. Applications are due Monday, October 5.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- Attention, MRHS! Keep your eyes peeled and phones ready. We are looking for pictures of random acts of kindness throughout the school. If you happen to see someone helping others, or even just being an amazing person, snap apick, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All photographers involved will receive a delicious prize. Good luck, and happy picture-taking!
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to home room teachers.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Cross Country team meets in the main lobby every Tuesday and Thursday at 3:
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be tomorrow, Friday, October 2 at 3pm.
- CHAMP, Community Health Assessment of Montague Project, is looking for participants for eight research focus group discussions about health and health care in Montague. Participants must be 14 years of age or older. Research organizers are from the UPEI and Dalhousie Schools of Nursing. For further information or to see if you are eligible to participate in this research, contact Lisa MacDougall by phone at (902) 940-7395 or by email: email@example.com.