It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Abbie Hume and Liam Noonan. Belated greetings to Jessica Martell and Emma Sheppard who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kaitlyn McManus for Earl Campbell (am), Anna Howlett for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Adam Clow for Matt Killeen, Bethany Norris for Kirk White (pm), Donna White for Angela Killeen.
- Today is Picture Day! All students (including Grade 12’s) must have their photos taken in order to produce Student IDs. Listen for announcements as home room classes are called to the Cafeteria.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs. You must submit a copy of the lyrics and have the song available on your electronic device.
- French Immersion students going to Evangeline on September 30 are asked to have 10$ in to Mme.Oehlke no later than September 29. Students are reminded to have their forms and fees paid by September 29 as well.
- MRHS Female Athletesof the Week: Zoie Farish and Emma Prosper. Both had strong first games, Zoie with great passing and attack, Emma with her setting and leadership on and off the court. Zoie and Emma were also named the captains for the 2015/2016 season!
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Evan Stewart. Evan shot the best round out of 40 golfers in a provincial qualifier with a 75 at the very tough Mill River Golf Course.
- Men’s Basketball training today, 4pm on the track.
- Today’s Home Game: Men’s Soccer vs Charlottetown Rural at 5:00 pm
- The Field Hockey team battled with only 9 players to a 1-0 loss to Bluefield in the championship game of the Charlottetown Rural tournament on Friday. Congratulations on representing MRHS so well at the tournament!
- Important golf team meeting in the PE hallway at morning break.
- The MRHS Slam Poetry Team will meet for the first time this school year on September 29 (tomorrow) at 11:50 in Room 85. All interested students are welcome.
- Grad Activity Committee meeting on Tuesday at 12:00 noon in Room 119.
- Choir rehearsals for this week only will be on Wednesday, September 30, at 7:30 am and on Thursday, October 1, from 3:30-5:00. Next week we will be back to our usual Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning schedule. Anyone who likes to sing is welcome!
- Auditions for the duet, “From Where You Are” will be held in the music room at 11:42 on Wednesday, September 30.
- It’s that time! The Culinary class is going to have its first meal on Friday, October 2. Look for the posters with all the info posted throughout the school next week. The menu is lettuce wedge salad, corn bread, chili con carne (some veggie chili too in limited amounts so sign up early), apple crisp with whipped cream, and orange strawberry fizz… all for $8.00. Meal will be served at 11:50am in Room 136. Meal tickets will be sold in the ticket booth next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Note: Paid customers will be served first!
- Junior Achievement will be here on Thursday, October 1, during lunch to meet with students who may be interested in their after-school program. Please see Kelly at the display booth in the lobby.
- On October 14, from 1:15 to 3:00pm, representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any question you may have about post secondary studies. Ms. Victor will be around to Grade 12 classes prior to the event to give students some direction.
- Thomas University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30 on November 9.
- Mary’s University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30 on December 3.
- Acadia University will be here on Wednesday, September 30, to meet with any Grade 12 student interested in attending Acadia. Recruitment officer will also be doing on spot admissions for students who would like to begin the process.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- Any student interested in the Legislative Assembly Page Program should see Ms Victor for an application and more information. Applications are due to Ms. Victor by October 1.
- SPC cards are on sale during the month of September for $10.00. To purchase one, see a member of student council or Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Sarah and Josh, UPEI 4th Year Nursing Students, are here on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December. They are located in Student Services; drop in for a visit!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to home room teachers.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Inclusion Initiative: Learning Centre A is looking for Social Tutors. Please consider this important role at MRHS! It is a fantastic way to get involved in your school! Applications are available from Mrs. Power.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.