It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Sarah Furness, Avery Lewis, Morgan Lewis.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Joseph Lillo for Mary Ellen Campbell (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson.
- This is the last day for Grad photos. Any Grade Twelve student who may have missed an appointment should see the Heckbert’s rep upstairs outside the Student Council room.
- French Immersion students going to Evangeline on September 30 are asked to have 10$ in to Mme.Oehlke no later than September 29. Students are reminded to have their forms and fees paid by September 29 as well.
- Inclusion Initiative: Learning Centre A is looking for students who can spend time with a student, assist the student in social activities at lunch or after school, engage in meaningful conversation, and model good social behaviour at school. Social modeling is an important part of your role as a peer. Demonstrating good social behaviour, positive language, and a respect for the school community is essential as a social tutor. The time commitment can be worked out between you and your student and could be a half a lunch, a full lunch, an after-school sport, or intramurals. This commitment will be honored for the school year (dependent on the activity) and should be taken seriously. These students will look forward to the time they spend with you! Please consider this important role at MRHS! It is a fantastic way to get involved in your school! Applications are available from Mrs. Power!
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway. Kirsten had a strong performance in the midfield, scoring her first goal of the season in a 3-3 draw with Charlottetown Rural on Friday.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Daniel Whalen. Daniel’s pace and work rate were unmatched in Friday’s game at Charlottetown Rural, resulting in several scoring opportunities for the Vikings.
- No Men’s Soccer practice today.
- There will be no official Men’s Basketball training session today. Athletes are encouraged to train on their own during the available times at noon and/or after school today.
- Women’s Soccer practice will be held today at 3:30. Please be dressed and ready at this time. Girls are reminded of their home game on Friday, September 25. Please be dressed and ready on the field at 4:30.
- New to the weight room/fitness center? Josh and Sarah, Student Nurses, can help you learn the ropes! Starting next Tuesday at lunch, they will be in the fitness center. Stop by Student Services for more information.
- There is a sign-up sheet posted on the bulletin board near the Phys. Ed. For intramural dodgeball that is set to begin early to mid-next week. The final sign up day will be this Friday, and each team must have a minimum of 12 players and 1-2 team captains.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday night, 7-9pm, for anyone trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- It’s that time! The Culinary class is going to have its first meal on Friday, October 2. Look for the posters with all the info posted throughout the school next week. The menu is lettuce wedge salad, corn bread, chili con carne (some veggie chili too in limited amounts so sign up early), apple crisp with whipped cream, and orange strawberry fizz… all for $8.00. Meal will be served at 11:50am in Room 136. Meal tickets will be sold in the ticket booth next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Note: Paid customers will be served first!
- On October 14, from 1:15 to 3:00pm, representatives from various post secondary schools will be set up in the Cafeteria to answer any question you may have about post secondary studies. Ms. Victor will be around to Grade 12 classes prior to the event to give students some direction.
- Thomas University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library Conference Room from 11:45-12:30 on November 9.
- Mary’s University will be here to present and answer any questions you may have. They will be in the Library from 11:45-12:30 on December 2.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- Any student interested in the Legislative Assembly Page Program should see Ms Victor for an application and more information. Applications are due to Ms. Victor by October 1.
- SPC cards are on sale during the month of September for $10.00. To purchase one, see a member of student council or Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to home room teachers.
- MRHS Athletics clothing is on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
- Run, walk, skip, hop or dance fun run: Saturday, September 26, at the Montague water front. $10 per person, family rates too. Feel free to bring your pets! All proceeds going to mental health initiatives in Montague area! Registration at 8:30am, run (5 and 10 k) begins at 9:30am.
- Wellness Expo: Saturday, September 26, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm, at the Cavendish Wellness Centre. Event is featuring 20 fitness, health, and wellness organizations from all over PEI.
- The U16 Eastern Eagles Boys Team will be travelling to Surrey, BC, in October for Nationals and are looking for your support! They will be hosting a SOCCER GOLF Tournament at Seal Cove Campground on Saturday, Sept. 26! Shotgun start at 10am and if you are interested in putting a team of 4 in, PLEASE register your team of 4 by contacting Nancy Murphy (902) 838-2530 or (902) 969-7812 or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or any member of the team. The cost is $20 a player ($80 a team) and is open to ALL ages!! Come out and try a new spin on Soccer and Golf and support the Boys as well! Limit is 18 teams so register early!