It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Calista Steele and Mr. Brian Somers!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Colleen Norris for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Adam Clow for Jennifer Victor (am), Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton (pm), Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly (pm), Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson.
- Nursing Students: Come meet Sarah and Josh, 4th Year Nursing Students, who are here at MRHS until December. They are located in Student Services and available for any students who would like to see them.
- Dozens of brand new books have arrived in the school Library. Fiction-non-fiction, graphic novels-something for everyone! Visit the Library before and after school, during breaks and lunch to find something today. Huge thank you to Cody Powers for his recent donation of magazines as well!
- Any student interested in the Legislative Assembly Page Program should see Ms Victor for an application and more information. Applications are due to Ms. Victor by October 1.
- Grad photos are being taken this week. Grade 12 students are reminded to keep your appointments!
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway. Kirsten had a strong performance in the midfield, scoring her first goal of the season in a 3-3 draw with Charlottetown Rural on Friday.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Daniel Whalen. Daniel’s pace and work rate were unmatched in Friday’s game at Charlottetown Rural, resulting in several scoring opportunities for the Vikings.
- Women’s A Soccer was defeated by KISH after a hard fought game.
- There will Women’s Soccer practice at 3:30 today after school.
- Men’s Volleyball practice today from 7 to 9pm.
Mens basketball training in the fitness room today at 4pm. NOTE: No scrimmage tonight.
- New to the weight room/fitness center? Josh and Sarah, Student Nurses, can help you learn the ropes! Starting next Tuesday at lunch, they will be in the fitness center. Stop by Student Services for more information.
- There is a sign-up sheet posted on the bulletin board near the Phys. Ed. For intramural dodgeball that is set to begin early to mid-next week. The final sign up day will be this Friday, and each team must have a minimum of 12 players and 1-2 team captains.
- Today will be the last day to sign up and pay for a Vikings athletic hoodie. Sign up/pay in the PE office at noontime.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday night, 7-9pm, for anyone trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- The choir is still accepting new members. If you want to sing come on out to the music room tomorrow morning from 7:30-8:30. See you there!
- SAVE: There is a meeting on Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library. Please plan to attend.
- Canadian Armed Forces Reserves will be here on Wednesday in the lobby from 11:45-12:30 for any students interested.
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- SPC cards are on sale during the month of September for $10.00. To purchase one, see a member of student council or Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to home room teachers.
- MRHS Athletics clothing will be on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
- Run, walk, skip, hop or dance fun run: Saturday, September 26, at the Montague water front. $10 per person, family rates too. Feel free to bring your pets! All proceeds going to mental health initiatives in Montague area! Registration at 8:30am, run (5 and 10 k) begins at 9:30am.
- Atlantic Fitness East is offering Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross courses for anyone interested in becoming a certified life guard. Call 838-3047 for more information.
- Wellness Expo: Saturday, September 26, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm, at the Cavendish Wellness Centre. Event is featuring 20 fitness, health, and wellness organizations from all over PEI