It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
- There will be an important meeting for all CSLC participants in Room 139 at 12:00 today.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- Grad photos are being taken this week. Grade 12 students are reminded to keep your appointments!
- Fitness Center is closed after school today.
- Today’s Home Games: Men’s Soccer v. Bluefield 5pm; Women’s Volleyball v. Bluefield 5:30pm
- Women’s Soccer team bus will depart for KISH at 3 pm today. Game time is 5 pm.
- Women’s Basketball today at 7:30 pm for all those interested in playing this year.
- Vikings Men’s Basketball preseason training continues on Monday with a timed 5 km run. Interested Student Athletes, who are not currently playing on another MRHS team, are expected to attend. Athletes should be changed, warm, stretched and ready to start on the track at 4pm.
- Tuesday will be the last day to sign up and pay for a Vikings athletic hoodie. Sign up/pay in the PE office at noontime.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday night, 7-9pm, for anyone trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- The choir is still accepting new members. If you want to sing come on out to the music room on Tuesday from 3:30-5:00 and on Wednesday mornings from 7:30-8:30. See you there!!
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- SPC cards are on sale during the month of September for $10.00. To purchase one, see a member of student council or Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to home room teachers.
- MRHS Athletics clothing will be on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
- Run, walk, skip, hop or dance fun run: Saturday, September 26, at the Montague water front. $10 per person, family rates too. Feel free to bring your pets! All proceeds going to mental health initiatives in Montague area! Registration at 8:30am, run (5 and 10 k) begins at 9:30am.