It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Stella Shea who will celebrate tomorrow, September 19.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, Adam Clow for Matthew Killeen, Brett Wilson for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Meagan Collins for Caleigh Oehlke, Joseph Lillo for Seana Evans-Renaud, Mindy Johnston for Sandra Hicken, Donna White for Jennifer Victor, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Jennifer Vessey for Doug Weeks, Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins.
- Oceanography 621 will meet in the lobby after silent reading (to travel to Saint Andrew’s Point).
- Those students who missed Mr. Trainor’s BIO 621 or OCN 621 quiz should make arrangements to write at lunch today.
- A reminder to all Oceanography 621 students who have not brought in their permission forms to drop them off to Mr. Trainor today.
- There will be a brief but important Breakfast Club meeting today at morning break for ALL volunteers and spares. Please meet at the Breakfast Club room in the cafeteria.
- Breakfast Club will start running on Monday morning and is open for all students.
- JAM, or Jesus at Montague, will be holding its first meeting today in Learning Centre B at 11:43. If you are interested in hanging out with other Christians and doing some cool service projects, come on out today!
- Men’s Soccer and Volleyball team bus departs for Charlottetown Rural at 3:30 pm.
- Field Hockey team plays Charlottetown Rural at the Cornwall Turf at 5:15 pm.
- Women’s Soccer team hosts Bluefield at 5:00 pm.
- Women’s Basketball on Monday at 7:30 pm for all those interested in playing this year.
- Women’s A Soccer game today against Bluefield at MRHS. Players are reminded to be dressed and ready on the field at 4:10. We will also be travelling to KISH on Monday, September 21st. Players must have their permission slips signed and their athletic fee paid on or before today.
- Athletic consent form and fees are being collected in the PE office each day at noon. Athletes must submit their forms and fees in order to receive their uniform and be eligible to participate in a game/meet.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday night, 7-9pm, for anyone trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- The Athletic Department is ordering Viking hoodies for all team sports (soccer, volleyball, field hockey). Cost is $25. Order yours in the PE office at noon. Today, Friday will be the last day to order.
- The choir is still accepting new members. If you want to sing come on out to the music room on Tuesday from 3:30-5:00 and on Wednesday mornings from 7:30-8:30. See you there!!
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- MRHS Athletics clothing will be on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (starting next week).
- SPC cards are on sale during the month of September for $10.00. To purchase one, see a member of student council or Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to home room teachers.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
- Just Being Kids Skate Park Grand Opening: Today, Friday, September 18 from 6:00 to 7:00pm in the Wellness Center parking lot. All bikers and skate boarders are welcome; there will be free BBQ and drinks.
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: Today, Friday, September 18 from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Montague Wellness Center. Admission is $7 without a food bank item or $5 with a donation to the food bank.