It is a D-C Day!
Happy Birthday to Daniel MacDonald.Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brett Wilson for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Adam Clow for Matthew Killeen, Mindy Johnston for Sandra Hicken, Donna White for Jennifer Victor, Nicole Butler for Angela Kelleen, Angela Carpendale for Douglas Weeks, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
• Grad BBQ is today. Students are reminded that you must travel to and from this event by bus.
• Women’s Basketball on Monday at 7:30 pm for all those interested in playing this year.
• Women’s A Soccer game this Friday, September 18th, against the Rural at MRHS. Players are reminded to be dressed and ready on the field at 4:10. We will also be traveling to KISH on Monday, September 21st. Players must have their permission slips signed and their athletic fee paid on or before Friday the 18th.
• Vikings Men’s Basketball preseason training continues on Thursday with strength and agility training. Interested Student Athletes, who are not currently playing on another MRHS team, are expected to attend. Athletes should be changed, warm, stretched and ready outside the fitness centre at 4pm.
• Athletic consent form and fees are being collected in the PE office each day at noon. Athletes must submit their forms and fees in order to receive their uniform and be eligible to participate in a game/meet.
• There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday night, 7-9pm, for anyone trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
• The Athletic Department is ordering Viking hoodies for all team sports (soccer, volleyball, field hockey). Cost is $25. Order yours in the PE office at noon. Friday will be the last day to order.
• School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
• The first Here Comes Treble rehearsal will tomorrow at 7:30 am. This is a singing group for any ladies who like to sing.
• MRHS Athletics clothing will be on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (starting next week).
• SPC cards are on sale during the month of September for $10.00. To purchase one, see a member of student council or Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
• The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
• Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
• All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to home room teachers.
• Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
• Just Being Kids Skate Park Grand Opening: September 18 from 6:00 to 7:00pm in the Wellness Center parking lot. All bikers and skate boarders are welcome; there will be free BBQ and drinks.
• Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: September 18 from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Montague Wellness Center. Admission is $7 without a food bank item or $5 with a donation to the food bank.