It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ms. Mary Ellen Campbell!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Harold Brothers for Carl Evans, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Adam Clow for Tim Lea (pm), Donna White for Christie Beck, Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins.
- Meet the Teacher is scheduled for this evening, starting at 6:00 in the Cafeteria. All parents/guardians are welcome!
- The Library is open after school today until 6:00 pm.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Athletic consent form and fees are being collected in the PE office each day at noon. Athletes must submit their forms and fees in order to receive their uniform and be eligible to participate in a game/meet.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday night, 7-9pm, for anyone trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- Vikings Men’s Basketball preseason training continues on Wednesday with “The Run”. Interested Student Athletes, who are not currently playing on another MRHS team, are expected to attend. Athletes should be changed, warm, stretched and ready outside the fitness centre at 3:45pm.
- The Athletic Department is ordering Viking hoodies for all team sports (soccer, volleyball, field hockey). Cost is $25. Order yours in the PE office at noon. Friday will be the last day to order.
- Grad BBQ is planned for tomorrow (Thursday). Students are reminded that you must travel to and from this event by bus.
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- The first Here Comes Treble rehearsal will this Friday, September 18, at 7:30 am. This is a singing group for any ladies who like to sing.
- MRHS Athletics clothing will be on sale in the ticket booth on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (starting next week).
- SPC cards are on sale during the month of September for $10.00. To purchase one, see a member of student council or Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
- Just Being Kids Skate Park Grand Opening: September 18 from 6:00 to 7:00pm in the Wellness Center parking lot. All bikers and skate boarders are welcome; there will be free BBQ and drinks.
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: September 18 from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Montague Wellness Center. Admission is $7 without a food bank item or $5 with a donation to the food bank.
- Play 3 on 3 with a Panther! UPEI Panthers Rugby hosting a 3 on 3 Rugby Tournament on Sunday, September 20, 12-3 pm, at UPEI. Cost is $10/student (includes t-shirt, snacks, prizes). To register contact Chris Huggan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902 566-0368. See Ms. Nabuurs for more information if you are interested!
- Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown is welcoming new members to its Indigo Teen Book Club. The next meeting is Thursday, Sept 24, and the book they will be discussing is Panic by Lauren Oliver. The group meets once a month (usually the last Thursday of the month) at 7pm for approx. 1 hour. See Mrs. Killeen in the library for more details. Students are encouraged to follow the group on Facebook for more information at https://www.facebook.com/indigoteenbookclub