It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Patricia Crant, Chloe Harris and Brett Hicken.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brett Wilson for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Denise McGillivray for Gail Greene, Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins, Donna White for Jennifer Victor.
- Grad BBQ is postponed until Thursday. Same time and place.
- There will be a meeting for all peer tutors and all people interested in peer tutoring at 11:43 in Learning Centre B.
- Cross Country practice today after school at 3:20pm. Anyone running should meet in the main lobby before they run.
- Any Cross Country runners that are planning to run Saturday, September 19, in Brookvale need to sign up with Mr. MacDonald or Mr. Killeen today.
- Applications for Library monitors are in the Library, Room 104. See Mrs. Killeen today for one. She’s always looking for help after school.
- The fitness centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm. The fitness centre may be closed some Mondays when there are staff meetings.
- Vikings Men’s Basketball preseason training continues on Tuesday with strength and footwork training. Interested Student Athletes, who are not currently playing on another MRHS team, are expected to attend. Athletes should be changed, warm, stretched and ready in the fitness centre at 4pm.
- Athletic consent form and fees are being collected in the PE office each day at noon. Athletes must submit their forms and fees in order to receive their uniform and be eligible to participate in a game/meet.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday nights, 7-9pm, for anyone interested in trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- Women’s Soccer Try Outs: Today. All are welcome and encouraged to try-out! Please be dressed and ready on the back field at 3:30!
- Women’s Volleyball Try Outs: Today from 3:30-5:00. The final cuts will be made today and the final team list will be posted on the bulletin board Wednesday morning.
- Men’s Volleyball: Next tryout is today from 5 to 7. New and returning players are encouraged to attend.
- The Athletic Department is ordering Vikings hoodies for all team sports (soccer, volleyball, field hockey). Cost is $25. Order yours in the PE office at noon. Friday will be the last day to order.
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- Choir is starting this week so if you like to sing, come on down and check it out. Rehearsals will be in the music room on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00 and Wednesday mornings from 7:30 to 8:30. See you there!!
- The first Here Comes Treble rehearsal will this Friday, September 18, at 7:30 am. This is a singing group for any ladies who like to sing.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
- Play 3 on 3 with a Panther! UPEI Panthers Rugby hosting a 3 on 3 Rugby Tournament on Sunday, September 20, 12-3 pm, at UPEI. Cost is $10/student (includes t-shirt, snacks, prizes). To register contact Chris Huggan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902 566-0368. See Ms. Nabuurs for more information if you are interested!
- Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown is welcoming new members to its Indigo Teen Book Club. The next meeting is Thursday, Sept 24, and the book they will be discussing is Panic by Lauren Oliver. The group meets once a month (usually the last Thursday of the month) at 7pm for approx. 1 hour. See Mrs. Killeen in the library for more details. Students are encouraged to follow the group on Facebook for more information at https://www.facebook.com/indigoteenbookclub