It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Emma Collings and Dustin Ross. We extend belated greetings to Taylor M. Matheson who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Carl Evans, Nicole Butler for Ronnie Munn, Bethany Norris for Andrew Henderson, Robin Dickieson for Earl Campbell, Denise McGillivray for Toby Murphy, Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
- Breakfast Club: There will be a meeting of all those who have volunteered to help with the Breakfast Club. That includes spares! The meeting will be in Mrs. Anderson’s office at 11:45 today. It will be short but it is important to make sure that you attend. Thanks in advance.
- There will be a meeting for all those attending CSLS 2015 in Room 139 at 12:00 today.
- FX will be here today and will be doing a short presentation for any Grade 12 students who are interested. Meeting will be in the library conference room at 11:50.
- Grad BBQ is tomorrow (Sept 15) at Brudenell. ALL students MUST travel on the bus to and from the activity. Cost is $5; you can pay in Room 119 today during lunch.
- Applications for Library monitors are in the Library, Room 104. See Mrs. Killeen today or tomorrow for one. She’s always looking for help after school.
- Concert Band starts tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 7:30 am.
- Student Services is now accepting applications for the Loran Scholarship. Students who demonstrate character, leadership and a strong commitment to service in the community should come and see Ms.Victor for an application package. Students are asked to fill out the paper copy provided for you from Student Services. Deadline for applications will be October 2 at 3pm.
- Athletic consent form and fees are being collected in the PE office each day at noon. Athletes must submit their forms and fees in order to receive their uniform and be eligible to participate in a game/meet.
- Men’s Soccer meeting at 11:43am in Mr. Connaughton’s classroom (in the carpentry shop).
- Power Lifting: There will be a meeting for all lifters today at lunch in the weight room. First practice is today after school.
- Vikings Men’s Basketball preseason training begins Monday with a timed 5km followed by agility and footwork training. Interested student athletes, who are NOT currently playing on another MRHS team, are expected to attend. Athletes should be changed, warm, stretched and on the track ready to begin at 4pm SHARP!
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday nights, 7-9pm, for anyone interested in trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- Women’s Soccer Try Outs: Today and tomorrow. All are welcome and encouraged to try-out! Please be dressed and ready on the back field at 3:30!
- Next tryout for Men’s Volleyball is today 3:15-5:30. New and returning players are encouraged to attend.
- Women’s Volleyball Try Outs: Today and tomorrow from 3:30-5:00. The final cuts will be made after Tuesday and the final team list will be posted on the bulletin board Wednesday morning.
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- Choir is starting this week so if you like to sing, come on down and check it out. Rehearsals will be in the music room on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00 and Wednesday mornings from 7:30 to 8:30. See you there!!
- The first Chrispie and the Squares rehearsal will be Tuesday from 5:00 to 6:00 in the music room. This is a men’s singing group and is open to all guys who like to sing.
- The first Here Comes Treble rehearsal will this Friday, September 18, at 7:30 am. This is a singing group for any ladies who like to sing.
- Anyone interested in being a peer tutor and accumulating community service bursary hours while tutoring fellow high school students should see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Play 3 on 3 with a Panther! UPEI Panthers Rugby hosting a 3 on 3 Rugby Tournament on Sunday, September 20, 12-3 pm, at UPEI. Cost is $10/student (includes t-shirt, snacks, prizes). To register contact Chris Huggan at email@example.com or 902 566-0368. See Ms. Nabuurs for more information if you are interested!
- Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown is welcoming new members to its Indigo Teen Book Club. The next meeting is Thursday, Sept 24, and the book they will be discussing is Panic by Lauren Oliver. The group meets once a month (usually the last Thursday of the month) at 7pm for approx. 1 hour. See Mrs. Killeen in the library for more details. Students are encouraged to follow the group on Facebook for more information at https://www.facebook.com/indigoteenbookclub