It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Colton Blaisdell.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Anna Howlett for Chantelle Beaton, Pam Betteridge for Jennifer Murphy, Adam Clow, Denise McGillivray for Pauline Kelly (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins (pm).
- Cross Country Running: There is a short meeting today at 12:00 pm in Room 141 (Chemistry Lab) for all those interested in the Cross Country running team this year. Please see Mr. MacDonald or Mr. Killeen if you cannot attend.
- Applications for Library monitors are in the Library Room 104. See Mrs. Killeen for one by Tuesday of next week. She’s always looking for help after school.
- Important Men’s Baseball meeting in Mr. Kelly’s room at morning break.
- Students wishing to work as scorekeepers for the volleyball season should see Ms. Nabuurs or give their name in to the main office this week. Scorekeepers are paid $10 per game.
- Any male students interested in playing basketball this year are asked to attend a brief information session on Friday at 12 noon in Room 120. Note: Dry-land training will begin on Monday after school.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage every Tuesday and Wednesday nights, 7-9pm, for anyone interested in trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- Women’s Soccer Try Outs will be held on Monday, September 14, and Tuesday, September 15. All are welcome and encouraged to try-out! Please be dressed and ready on the back field at 3:30!
- Volleyball try outs today, Monday and Tuesday from 3:30-5:00 and the first cut will be made over the weekend with the list of players moving on posted on the bulletin board outside the gym. The final cuts will be made after Tuesday and the final team list will be posted on the bulletin board Wednesday morning.
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- Choir is starting next week so if you like to sing, come on down and check it out. Rehearsals will be in the music room on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00 and Wednesday mornings from 7:30 to 8:30. See you there!!
- The first Chrispie and the Squares rehearsal will be Tuesday from 5:00 to 6:00 in the music room. This is a men’s singing group and is open to all guys who like to sing.
- The first Here Comes Treble rehearsal will next Friday, September 18, at 7:30 am. This is a singing group for any ladies who like to sing.
- Anyone interested in being a peer tutor and accumulating community service bursary hours while tutoring fellow high school students should see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Any Disney Choir members who wish to sell meat should get forms from Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Study Block students who have not received study block sheets should see Mrs. Killeen in the library ASAP. This is for first semester study block only!
- Students are reminded to stop by the library to get a sample Viking Pin application, as discussed in assemblies this week.
- Play 3 on 3 with a Panther! UPEI Panthers Rugby hosting a 3 on 3 Rugby Tournament on Sunday, September 20, 12-3 pm, at UPEI. Cost is $10/student (includes t-shirt, snacks, prizes). To register contact Chris Huggan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902 566-0368. See Ms. Nabuurs for more information if you are interested!
- Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown is welcoming new members to its Indigo Teen Book Club. The next meeting is Thursday, Sept 24, and the book they will be discussing is Panic by Lauren Oliver. The group meets once a month (usually the last Thursday of the month) at 7pm for approx. 1 hour. See Mrs. Killeen in the library for more details. Students are encouraged to follow the group on Facebook for more information at https://www.facebook.com/indigoteenbookclub