It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to David Thompson and Kyla White.
- Study Block students who have not received study block sheets should see Mrs. Killeen in the library ASAP.
- The following students are asked to please see Ms. Beaton at break this morning: Hannah Glover, Daniel Grant, Carley MacLean, Molly Stewart, Maria Tarenta, and Sarah MacVarish.
- Grade 11 students have an assembly today at 9:05 am. Attendance is mandatory.
- Grade 12 students have an assembly today at 10:30 am. Attendance is mandatory.
- Students are reminded that you must follow the course schedule that you received in home room yesterday until you are called down to the office for an adjustment.
- Important meeting today for all those interested in playing Men’s Baseball this fall in the fitness centre at morning break. This is a sign up meeting. If there is not enough interest MRHS will not field a team.
- Students wishing to work as scorekeepers for the volleyball season should see Ms. Nabuurs or give their name in to the main office this week. Scorekeepers are paid $10 per game.
- There will be a basketball scrimmage tonight and every Tuesday and Wednesday nights, 7-9pm, for anyone interested in trying out for the Men’s Basketball team this year.
- Any male students interested in playing basketball this year are asked to attend a brief information session on Friday at 12 noon in Room 120. Note: Dry-land training will begin on Monday after school.
- Men’s Soccer Try Outs: Today, September 9, and Thursday, September 10, from 3:30 to 5:00 pm.
- Women’s Volleyball Try Outs: Thursday, September 10, at 3:30 pm.
- The first try out / practice for Field Hockey will be Thursday, September 10, from 3:30-4:30. All girls interested in playing are invited to show up.
- Women’s Soccer Try Outs will be held on: Thursday, September 10; Monday, September 14; Tuesday, September 15. All are welcome and encouraged to try-out! Please be dressed and ready on the back field at 3:30!
New – ELSB Attendance Procedure
For unexcused (skipping) and family-approved absences only (hockey tournaments, family vacations, prom dress shopping, haircuts etc.)! This does not include illness, medical appointments, field trips, extra-curricular activities or school-approved events.
5 days or periods absent:
- Teacher will speak to the student and phone home.
10 days or periods absent:
- Teacher will speak to student and notify office
- Administration will meet with student and parents to discuss a support plan and future implications.
- Administration will send the first letter home.
15 days or periods absent:
- Teacher will notify office.
- Administration will call home and set up a meeting with parents and student. The student cannot attend until this meeting takes place.
- Administration will send the second letter home.
20 days or periods absent:
- Teacher will inform office.
- Administration will send third letter home.
- Administration may do one of the following: Referral to Alt Ed, Reduce schedule, Discontinue student for the rest of the semester, Administration will report to the Superintendent
- School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
- The following students have overdue Library materials: Jake Banks, Brandon Boutlier, Marlee Clark, Ben Gallant, Jakob Gosbee, Brittany Jackson, Jasmine Knight, Taylor MacLean, Taylor M Matheson, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha Pirch, Logan Robertson. These books have been added to missing items list. Students returning books should see Mrs. Killeen.
- Louis Walsh Driving School registration session is on Thursday, September 10, from 6:00 to 7:00 in Room 87 here at MRHS. Weekly classes will then start on Tuesday, September 15, from 3:20 to 6:20pm, and run for a total of eight weeks.
- Play 3 on 3 with a Panther! UPEI Panthers Rugby hosting a 3 on 3 Rugby Tournament on Sunday, September 20, 12-3 pm, at UPEI. Cost is $10/student (includes t-shirt, snacks, prizes). To register contact Chris Huggan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902 566-0368. See Ms. Nabuurs for more information if you are interested!