It’s a “C-D” Day!
• There will be a BBQ at lunch in cafeteria.
• Grade 10 students will be attending an assembly for A and B Blocks today, with regular scheduled classes for C and D Blocks.
• Students are reminded that you must follow the course schedule that you received in home room today unless you are called down to the office for an adjustment.
• Students wishing to work as scorekeepers for the volleyball season should see Ms. Nabuurs or give their name in to the main office this week. Scorekeepers are paid $10 per game.
• Men’s Soccer Try Outs: Wednesday, September 9, and Thursday, September 10, from 3:30 to 5:00 pm.
• The Athletic Department is looking for a women’s volleyball coach for the fall season. Please contact Natasha Nabuurs at 838-0835 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
New – ELSB Attendance Procedure
For unexcused (skipping) and family-approved absences only (hockey tournaments, family vacations, prom dress shopping, haircuts etc.)! This does not include illness, medical appointments, field trips, extra-curricular activities or school-approved events.
5 days or periods absent:
• Teacher will speak to the student and phone home.
10 days or periods absent:
• Teacher will speak to student and notify office.
• Administration will meet with student and parents to discuss a support plan and future implications.
• Administration will send the first letter home.
15 days or periods absent:
• Teacher will notify office.
• Administration will call home and set up a meeting with parents and student. The student cannot attend until this meeting takes place.
• Administration will send the second letter home.
20 days or periods absent:
• Teacher will inform office.
• Administration will send third letter home.
• Administration may do one of the following: Referral to Alt Ed, Reduce schedule, Discontinue student for the rest of the semester, Administration will report to the Superintendent
• Grade 11 students have an assembly on Wednesday at 9:05 am. Attendance is mandatory.
• Grade 12 students have an assembly on Wednesday at 10:30 am. Attendance is mandatory.
• School Photos are scheduled for Monday, September 28. The photographers will be set up in the Cafeteria and classes will be called down over the P.A. Students should note that all photos will be taken in the morning.
• The first try out / practice for field hockey will be Thursday, September 10, from 3:30-4:30. All girls interested in playing are invited to show up.
• The following students have overdue Library materials: Jake Banks, Brandon Boutlier, Marlee Clark, Ben Gallant, Jakob Gosbee, Brittany Jackson, Jasmine Knight, Taylor MacLean, Maylor M Matheson, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha Pirch, Logan Robertson. These books have been added to missing items list. Students returning books should see Mrs. Killeen.
• Louis Walsh Driving School registration session is on Thursday, September 10, from 6:00 to 7:00 in Room 87 here at MRHS. Weekly classes will then start on Tuesday, September 15, from 3:20 to 6:20pm, and run for a total of eight weeks.