Mental Health Tip of the Week – Avoid Overreactions: Wait until some time has passed and your emotions have decreased in strength before deciding to act in some significant way. Generally speaking, people don’t stay angry for long, they forgive, you forgive, and life returns to normal. Many people tend to catastrophize (i.e. think of the worst case scenario) following stressful events, and they feel like they have to act NOW! Breathe, slow down, and wait until things have calmed down.
Morning Exams Today: ENG421A, ENG521A, ENG621A, ENG631A
Afternoon Exams Today: BIO621A, HIS621B
Happy Birthday to: Jessica Shepard, Liam Thompson and Sam Thompson.
- Welcome to the following guest staff: Darrell Bradley for Mary Ellen Campbell, Ellen MacCannell for Harris Campbell, Joseph Lillo for Matthew Killeen.
- Students are reminded to start cleaning out lockers and removing any items that could now go home or be discarded.
- Extra yearbooks are available. Students can purchase one for $55 by visiting Kelly in the main office.
- All Library materials are due today. Homeroom teachers have updated lists posted in classrooms! Please return to avoid charges on report cards. Students should see Mrs. Killeen.
Summer Learning Registration Information:
- Following is the link to the registration form for Summer Learning 2015. You can print the instructions and forms and then follow the instructions to complete the registration. https://colgray.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/96924906/Summer%20Learning%202015%20Registration%20form.pdf
- Connolly Estate Bursaries are available to male and female first and second year full-time university students who are residents of P.E.I., Roman Catholic, of Irish descent and who have a demonstrated financial need. Applications may be found at owenconnollyestate.com.
- Habitat for Humanity is looking for volunteers to assist with a house being built for a family in our community. Community Bursary hours can be gained though this volunteer experience. If interested, students can contact Becky Mullen. She is the executive director of Habitat for Humanity PEI and her email is email@example.com If you have any more questions please feel free to contact her. Her number is 902 367 3041.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Alex MacKinnon. Alex broke the Midget Boys’ discus record to win the provincial title at the PEISAA Track and Field Championships.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Ashley Johnston. Ashley was a key player for the silver medal winning Women’s Softball Team.
- Viking Strength and Conditioning Club: If you are interested in training for sport or just getting in shape, plan to join the Viking Athletics Club. Weekly schedule for the summer is Monday from 6:15 to 7:45, Wednesday from 6:15 to 7:45, and Sunday from 1:00 to 2:30. Club begins on June 22. For more information, students can contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Outstanding Athletic Fees are listed below:
- Volleyball ($30): Jake Banks
- Cross Country ($10): Patrick Walsh, Donavan Bears
- Baseball ($30): Colin MacIntyre
- Badminton ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier
- Rugby ($30): Alisha MacDonald, Kaytlin Chandler ($10), Michaela MacSwain ($10), Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Logan Robertson ($14)
- Softball ($30): Cody Fitzpatrick, Ashley Johnson, Rebekah Conohan
- Track and field ($10): Donavan Bears, Mark Morrison, Keegan Creed, Isaac Arbuckle, Kyle Parlee, Milo Ryan, Cody Taylor, Tynan Murphy, David Thompson, Emma Collings, Sarah Visser, Billie MacKay
- Rugby/softball hoodies ($24): Alisha MacDonald, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Lucas Cann, Danielle Collings, Cameron Gillis, Ryan MacEachern, Danielle Collings, Kaitlyn Patton, Patrick Walsh
- Students should note that the Library printer is temporarily out of toner; sorry for the inconvenience.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.