It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Darrell Bradley for Jonathan Hayes, Michael Hambly for Karen Malone, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Ellen MacCannell for Seana Evans-Renaud (am), Donna White for Bethany MacLeod.
Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn Patton.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Avoid Overreactions: Wait until some time has passed and your emotions have decreased in strength before deciding to act in some significant way. Generally speaking, people don’t stay angry for long, they forgive, you forgive, and life returns to normal. Many people tend to catastrophize (i.e. think of the worst case scenario) following stressful events, and they feel like they have to act NOW! Breathe, slow down, and wait until things have calmed down.
- Ryan Holland is asked to please see Mrs. Killeen today.
- Students should note that the Library printer is temporarily out of toner; sorry for the inconvenience.
- David Trimble, Artist, is holding a meeting at 11:45 today in the art room for interested students. Any students who might like to participate in the Live Performance painting at the waterfront on Fridays should attend this meeting. Samples of our students’ work are displayed in the main lobby.
- Money for paintball, grad barbeque, and hypnotist is being collected at the ticket booth at lunch hours until Thursday. The cost is $30 if you are participating in all these activities.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is tonight, starting at 5:30 pm. Students are reminded that awards banquet dress is business casual (ie. dress, skirt, dress pants for girls, shirt and tie, golf shirt for guys).
- Students registered for Peer Helping next year should see Ms. Beaton or Mr. Killeen as soon as possible.
- Yearbooks have arrived and are being passed out. If you forgot to order your book, check at the Yearbook Office; there were a few extra.
- Tickets for Prom are now on sale. Students are reminded that they must have paid their student fees before purchasing a ticket. Cost per ticket is $10. Contracts for students and sign-ins are in the main office; sign-in contracts are due Wednesday, June 10, in order to be reviewed.
- The following Grade 12 students have not filled out a Final Transcript Request form: Toria Campbell, Drew Christiansen, Brooke Clarey, Brett Hicken, Hope Higginbotham, Dalton Kemp, Jacob Lava, Saul Lanigan, Michelle MacLennan, Cassandra McGillivary, Krista McKeeman, Jacob McSweeney, MacKenzie Murphy, Julianna Ross, Patrick Walsh. In order for Student Services to send along your final transcript, we MUST have it filled out.
- Connolly Estate Bursaries are available to male and female first and second year full-time university students who are residents of P.E.I., Roman Catholic, of Irish descent and who have a demonstrated financial need. Applications may be found at owenconnollyestate.com.
- All athletic fees must be paid and uniforms handed in before students will be able to receive their report cards. Track and Field fee is $10.
- All athletes with photo frames for coaches should bring them to Ms. Nabuurs by morning break today.
- The MRHS Athletics Department is pleased to announce this year’s nominees for Athlete of the Year:
- Male: Tynan Murphy, Michael VanderZwaag, Daniel Whalen
- Female: Ally Clements, Carley MacLean, Morganne Rice
- All Library materials are due Friday, June 12. Please return to avoid charges on report cards. See Mrs. Killeen with any questions about your account.
- We are pleased to recognize and honour the careers of five staff members who are retiring this year by hosting a reception in the School Library on Wednesday, June 10, from 3:30 to 5:00 pm. Please join us as we reminisce with and acknowledge our retirees: Harold Brothers, Ralph Jamieson, and Bobby Nicholson. Also retiring are Peggy Flynn and Roderick MacDonald, who, unfortunately, are unable to attend.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- Exams start on Friday, June 12, 2015.
Public Service Announcements:
- The folks at Eastern Eagles are still looking for soccer coaches this year. They need an u8 coach an u4 coach (which is only one hour a week on Thursday evenings (from 6:30 to 7:30) and some u6 helpers. This is a great opportunity for high school students to earn time for a Community Service Bursary. Please help, these programs can’t run without help. They will give you all the necessary tools to be a success. Please send an email to email@example.com.