It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Janet MacDougall for Christie Beck, Dean Lackie for Robert Nicholson, Brett Roberts for Alana Trainor, Mindy Johnston for Bethany MacLeod, Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, Michael Hambly for Matt Killeen, Ellen MacCannell for Ronnie Munn, Taylor Fitzgerald for Matt Kelly, Angela Carpendale for Charlie Trainor, Katelyn Clow for Adam Clow, Darrell Bradley for Jonathan Hayes, Robert Kaufman for Timothy Lea, Blanche Moyaert for Jennifer Victor, Pat Hewitt.
Happy Birthday to Max Morrison.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Pay attention to the physical effects that stress can have on your body which can be short term (such as your heart beating faster, your breathing becomes heavier) and long term (change in weight, change in sleep habits). It is important to pay attention when your body is waving a red flag to tell you that you are stressed. It is a sign that you might need to change something in your life to get back to baseline or a more relaxed state.
- Deanna Morris and Chloe Chapman are asked to please see Mrs. Power at morning break.
- SADD: Members of the SADD group are asked to meeting in Room 224 today at 11:45am. Lunch will be provided.
- Relay for Life Team is serving smoothies again today: $2 each. There will be a bake Sale as well; visit the Cafeteria and support this great cause!
- Any Grade 12 student who has not received the Final Request for Transcript Form or Grade 12 Information sheet, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny. They are both due today.
- The second payment for CSLC 2015 participants is due today to Ms. Beaton.
- Lost and Found: All items have been emptied out of the lost and found box. Please stop by the tables in the main lobby and pick up any lost items you may have. These unclaimed items will be donated next Wednesday.
- Students will be selling luminaries again today for the Relay for Life: $5 each. All money goes directly towards our school’s fund raising effort; your support is very much appreciated!
- Live Performance painting is happening at the waterfront every Friday from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. So far we have had 6 students participate and they have had a great time. We need more volunteers for this Friday coming up! We have heard that there are many of you who would like to participate, but you just need some encouragement! If you would like to paint this Friday, give your names to Ms. Evans-Renaud. They are looking for groups of three!
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Softball Team who were silver medalists at the PEISAA championships yesterday!
- Students are reminded that awards banquet dress is business casual (ie. dress, skirt, dress pants for girls, shirt and tie, golf shirt for guys).
- All outstanding athletic fees and uniforms should be turned into Ms. Nabuurs or the main office this week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Marshal McLeod. Marshal has not missed a tackle all season since earning a starting position on the wing with the Men’s Rugby team. Marshal was key in the Men’s AAA quarterfinal victory over Bluefield.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Amanda Gormley. Amanda has excelled in her new position at scrum half for the Women’s Rugby team, forcing her opposition into making mistakes and making key tackles in every game.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Jesse Campbell. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- The following students owe rugby fees ($30): Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Alisha MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Chapman, Tionna Gordon, Sarah Christensen, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Jesse Campbell.
- The following students owe softball fees ($30): Cameron Gillis, Cody Fitzpatrick
- Tickets for Prom are now on sale. Students are reminded that they must have paid their student fees before purchasing a ticket. Cost per ticket is $10. Contracts for students and sign-ins are in the main office.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come celebrate National Pollinator Week by planting native trees and shrubs at the Southeast Environmental Association’s Community Pollinator Park, located behind the High School. The planting will take place on Saturday, June 20, at 10:00am and go until all the plants are in the ground! There will be supplies on site, but if you have a shovel and gardening gloves bring them along. The Pollinator Park will not only provide a home for native pollinators, but it will also provide a great outdoor classroom for MRHS! It would be great to see some students come help out! Like Southeast Environmental-Association on Facebook to stay up-to-date on this event and more.
- CoSolved Consulting proudly presents “Maker Camp” featuring littlebits electronics, Fab Lab Atlantic, 3D Printing and Graphic Design. Make something that does something! Camp runs on June 29, June 30 and July 2 (2.5 days) for ages 10+. Cost is $175 per student. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org/classes.
- Bricks 4 Kids Summer Camps – Making Learning Fun With Lego Bricks: Camps are being held in Charlottetown, Summerside, Alberton, Montague, and Cavendish. For a full description and to register online, please visit the website at bricks4kidz.com/344 or contact Amber Jadis at 902-731-2009 or by email at email@example.com. There is a poster up outside the main office here at the school.