It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Dean Lackie for Robert Nicholson, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins
Happy Birthday to Earl Campbell!
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Pay attention to the physical effects that stress can have on your body which can be short term (such as your heart beating faster, your breathing becomes heavier) and long term (change in weight, change in sleep habits). It is important to pay attention when your body is waving a red flag to tell you that you are stressed. It is a sign that you might need to change something in your life to get back to baseline or a more relaxed state.
Congratulations! The nominees for musician of the year for the MRHS Music Department are in! Mr. White and Ms. Beck are proud to announce that the nominees are: Jacob MacSweeney, David Thompson, Katie Jordan, Tara Llewellyn, Ian Soloman and Grace Walsh. Musician of the year will be announced at the Awards Banquet on Tuesday evening. Congratulations on your nominations, everyone!!
- Any students interested in taking parting in the Grad Church Service, either singing or reading or participating in the choir, are asked to meet in Learning Centre B at 11:45 today.
- Lost and Found: All items have been emptied out of the lost and found box. Please stop by the tables in the main lobby and pick up any lost items you may have. These unclaimed items will be donated next Wednesday.
- Students will be selling luminaries for the Relay for Life all this week for $5 each. All money goes directly towards our school’s fund raising effort; your support is very much appreciated!
- Live Performance painting is happening at the waterfront every Friday from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. So far we have had 6 students participate and they have had a great time. We need more volunteers for this Friday coming up! We have heard that there are many of you who would like to participate, but you just need some encouragement! If you would like to paint this Friday, give your names to Ms. Evans-Renaud. They are looking for groups of three!
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Athletes are reminded that the bus for the Women’s Softball Team will be departing at 2:15 today.
- Women’s Rugby Team will depart for their championship game against Westisle at 2 pm today.
- Fitness centre is open until 3:45 after school today.
- Track and Field practice after school on Thursday, June 4.
- Men’s Softball team should return their uniforms to Ms. Nabuurs this week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Marshal McLeod. Marshal has not missed a tackle all season since earning a starting position on the wing with the Men’s Rugby team. Marshal was key in the Men’s AAA quarterfinal victory over Bluefield.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Amanda Gormley. Amanda has excelled in her new position at scrum half for the Women’s Rugby team, forcing her opposition into making mistakes and making key tackles in every game.
- All athletes who owe athletic fees or hoodie money should pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- Track and field athletes who did not qualify for provincials must return their uniforms to Ms. Nabuurs this week. Uniforms can be turned in to the PE office at lunch time.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Jesse Campbell. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- The following students owe rugby fees ($30): Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Alisha MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Chapman, Tionna Gordon, Sarah Christensen, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Jesse Campbell.
- The following students owe softball fees ($30): Cameron Gillis, Cody Fitzpatrick, Rebekah Conohan
- Prom Committee will meet after school Thursday to finish the black/white backdrop and also to do some painting, weather permitting.
- Changed to Thursday! Because of the weather forecast, Learning Centre A has moved the “Big Barbeque Cook-Out” to Thursday! This fund-raising venture is being held during lunch break outside the Cafeteria. Hot dog and drink will sell for $2 and you can get a freezie for $1. Come out and support the students from Learning Centre A!
- The Grad Activity Committee will be meeting on Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 119.
- Relay for Life will be hosting a “smoothie day” on Thursday. Come get a delicious smoothie for $2 and support this great cause.
- The second payment for CSLC 2015 participants is due this Friday to Ms. Beaton.
- Tickets for Prom will go on sale starting on Friday, June 5. Students are reminded that they must have paid their student fees before purchasing a ticket. Cost per ticket is $10.
- Any Grade 12 students who have not received the Final Request for Transcript Form or Grade 12 Information sheet, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny. They are both due on Friday, June 5, 2015.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come celebrate National Pollinator Week by planting native trees and shrubs at the Southeast Environmental Association’s Community Pollinator Park, located behind the High School. The planting will take place on Saturday, June 20, at 10:00am and go until all the plants are in the ground! There will be supplies on site, but if you have a shovel and gardening gloves bring them along. The Pollinator Park will not only provide a home for native pollinators, but it will also provide a great outdoor classroom for MRHS! It would be great to see some students come help out! Like Southeast Environmental-Association on Facebook to stay up-to-date on this event and more.