It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Dean Lackie for Robert Nicholson, Neil Toombs for Matthew Killeen, Janet MacDougall for Kristina McLane, Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly.
Happy Birthday to Tamara Acorn-MacDonald, Brandon Brydon, Kaytlin Chandler and Danielle Collings.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Pay attention to the physical effects that stress can have on your body which can be short term (such as your heart beating faster, your breathing becomes heavier) and long term (change in weight, change in sleep habits). It is important to pay attention when your body is waving a red flag to tell you that you are stressed. It is a sign that you might need to change something in your life to get back to baseline or a more relaxed state.
- Students will be selling luminaries for the Relay for Life at lunch today and all this week for $5 each. All money goes directly towards our school’s fund raising effort; your support is very much appreciated!
- Today is the last day to sign up for Relay for Life. Please give your form and fee to Chloe Jardine or Emma Collings by the end of the day.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Track and Field practice after school at 3:30 p.m. today and Thursday, June 4.
- The following students must pay for their awards banquet tickets today ($5). Payment can be made to Ms. Nabuurs or the main office: Jacob McSweeney, Dennon Dixon, Ryan Ferguson, Bekah Buell, Sarah Buell, Jade Ryan.
- Men’s Rugby team is at Colonel Gray tonight in AAA semi-final action. Game time is 5:30 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- Men’s Softball team should return their uniforms to Ms. Nabuurs this week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Marshal McLeod. Marshal has not missed a tackle all season since earning a starting position on the wing with the Men’s Rugby team. Marshal was key in the Men’s AAA quarterfinal victory over Bluefield.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Amanda Gormley. Amanda has excelled in her new position at scrum half for the Women’s Rugby team, forcing her opposition into making mistakes and making key tackles in every game.
- All athletes who owe athletic fees or hoodie money should pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- Track and field athletes who did not qualify for provincials must return their uniforms to Ms. Nabuurs this week. Uniforms can be turned in to the PE office at lunch time.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- The following students owe rugby fees ($30): Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Alisha MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Chapman, Tionna Gordon, Sarah Christensen, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Jesse Campbell.
- The following students owe softball fees ($30): Dean Hicken, Cameron Gillis, Cody Fitzpatrick, Rebekah Conohan
- Any students interested in taking parting in the Grad Church Service, either singing or reading or participating in the choir, are asked to meet in Learning Centre B at 11:45 on Wednesday, June 3.
- Learning Centre A is hosting a “Big Barbeque Cook-Out” on Wednesday. This fund-raising venture is being held on June 3, during lunch break outside the Cafeteria. Hot dog and drink will sell for $2 and you can get a freezie for $1. Come out and support the students from Learning Centre A!
- The Grad Activity Committee will be meeting on Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 119.
- Relay for Life will be hosting a “smoothie day” on Thursday. Come get a delicious smoothie for $2 and support this great cause.
- The second payment for CSLC 2015 participants is due this Friday to Ms. Beaton.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth.
Public Service Announcements:
- Relay for Life organizers are looking for volunteers to help out at this year’s event scheduled for Friday, June 5, at the Old Brudenell Campgrounds from 6:00 pm to 12:00 midnight. Students are reminded that the time volunteering at this event can be put towards your bursary submissions. Parents and/or teachers are welcome to volunteer as well! If you have any questions, please call Paul Aitken at (902) 313-0899.
- The Northumberland Fisheries Festival will be taking place July 23-26, 2015! Parade is on July 23. Contact them to take part in one of the events! The Youth Showcase Concert is looking for kids who like to show off their talents, the Miss Northumberland Pageant is looking for girls ages 14-18 to take part, and they are accepting individual and team registrations for a Ball Hockey Tournament for all minor hockey ages! Lots of activities for the whole family! Call Katelyn at 902-962-3327 or email email@example.com for more info!