It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Robert Nicholson, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Heidi Burt for Trisha Burrows
Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Chloe Chapman, Stephanie Hinks, Patrick Walsh, Daniel Whalen.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Pay attention to the physical effects that stress can have on your body which can be short term (such as your heart beating faster, your breathing becomes heavier) and long term (change in weight, change in sleep habits). It is important to pay attention when your body is waving a red flag to tell you that you are stressed. It is a sign that you might need to change something in your life to get back to baseline or a more relaxed state.
- Money for Footloose DVD’s is now due. Students should see Ms. Power.
- The costume crew of Footloose: The Musical are asked to meeting in Learning Centre B at first break this morning.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Grade 12 students are reminded that Grad Award Applications are due Friday, June 5.
- The Senior Men’s Softball team will be playing in the crossovers today against Evangeline, in Evangeline at 5pm. The bus will depart from the school at 2pm. Any players unable to attend are to see Mr. Kelly ASAP.
- Today’s home games: Women’s Softball Quarterfinal against Kinkora at 5 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Marshal McLeod. Marshal has not missed a tackle all season since earning a starting position on the wing with the Men’s Rugby team. Marshal was key in the Men’s AAA quarterfinal victory over Bluefield.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Amanda Gormley. Amanda has excelled in her new position at scrum half for the Women’s Rugby team, forcing her opposition into making mistakes and making key tackles in every game.
- All athletes who owe athletic fees or hoodie money should pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- Track and field athletes who did not qualify for provincials must return their uniforms to Ms. Nabuurs this week. Uniforms can be turned in to the PE office at lunch time.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- The following students owe rugby fees ($30): Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Alisha MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Chapman, Tionna Gordon, Sarah Christensen, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Jesse Campbell.
- The following students owe softball fees ($30): Dean Hicken, Cameron Gillis, Riley Lavandier, Cody Fitzpatrick, Rebekah Conohan
- Any students interested in taking parting in the Grad Church Service, either singing or reading or participating in the choir, are asked to meet in Learning Centre B at 11:45 on Wednesday, June 3.
- Learning Centre A is hosting a “Big Barbeque Cook-Out” on Wednesday. This fund-raising venture is being held on June 3, during lunch break outside the Cafeteria. Hot dog and drink will sell for $2 and you can get a freezie for $1. Come out and support the students from Learning Centre A!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth.
Public Service Announcements:
- Relay for Life organizers are looking for volunteers to help out at this year’s event scheduled for Friday, June 5, at the Old Brudenell Campgrounds from 6:00 pm to 12:00 midnight. Students are reminded that the time volunteering at this event can be put towards your bursary submissions. Parents and/or teachers are welcome to volunteer as well! If you have any questions, please call Paul Aitken at (902) 313-0899.
- The Northumberland Fisheries Festival will be taking place July 23-26, 2015! Parade is on July 23. Contact them to take part in one of the events! The Youth Showcase Concert is looking for kids who like to show off their talents, the Miss Northumberland Pageant is looking for girls ages 14-18 to take part, and they are accepting individual and team registrations for a Ball Hockey Tournament for all minor hockey ages! Lots of activities for the whole family! Call Katelyn at 902-962-3327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!