It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Hannah MacKinnon.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Somers for Harold Brothers, Dean Lackie for Robert Nicholson, Jessica Campbell for Jillian Power, Brett Roberts for Natasha Nabuurs, Nicole Butler for Peter Connaughton, Darrell Bradley for Matthew Killeen, Ellen MacCannell for Sharon Anderson, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Live in the present moment! The essence of mindfulness is to bring awareness to everything you do in life. It is in the here and now that you live, and if you are not present for the day-to-day, think of all you might be missing.
Congratulations to the following athletes who qualified for the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships on June 5-6 at UPEI. Athletes who qualified should see Ms. Kenny or Mr. Campbell for a schedule of events. If you are not able to attend, you must inform Ms. Kenny or Mr. Campbell.
- Midget Girls: Ally Clements (1200m, 2000m, 4x100m relay team)
- Senior Girls: Sarah MacVarish (100m, high jump), Nadine Blue (100m, triple jump), Emma Collings (200m), Morganne Rice (800m, 1500m), Billie MacKay (1500m, 4x100m relay team), Bailey Jackson (long jump), Sarah Visser (shot put), Carley MacLean (shot put, discus)
- Midget Boys: Daniel Martell (100m, 200m), Donavan Bears (300m, 2000m), Milo Ryan (300m, 4x100m relay team), Alex MacKinnon (discus, javelin)
- Senior Boys: Daniel Whalen (400m, triple jump), Patrick Walsh (3000m, 4x100m relay team), Tynan Murphy (high jump), David Thompson (high jump), Mark Morrison (high jump), Kyle Parlee (long jump), Anthony McGuigan (triple jump), Noah Imnan (javelin), Spencer Arsenault (javelin), Matthew Ferguson (javelin).
- Relay for Life: Yesterday’s Relay for Life meeting will be held today in Room 85. All must attend. Any forms or money can be passed in there.
- Brett Hicken, Dalton Kemp, Kyle G Murphy, and Lukas O’Connor are asked to see Mrs. Killeen please.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Any students or staff with photos of school clubs or athletics are asked to please email them to Ms. Nabuurs at email@example.com (by Friday of this week) for inclusion in the awards banquet slide show.
- Athletes who owe money ($24) for their rugby or softball hoodies should pay in the PE office at noon.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm – Sign-up and ticket sales will take place until May 29 at noon in the ticket booth. Athletes have already paid for their tickets (included in the athletic fee) but MUST SIGN UP IN ORDER TO ATTEND. Cost for all other students is $5. Parents can purchase tickets through the school for $10. Deadline to sign-up/purchase tickets is Friday, May 29. Dress is business casual.
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- The following students owe rugby fees ($30): Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Alisha MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Chapman, Tionna Gordon, Sarah Christensen, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Jesse Campbell.
- The following students owe softball fees ($30): Dean Hicken, Cameron Gillis, Riley Lavandier, Cody Fitzpatrick, Rebekah Conohan, Katelyn Patton.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Learning Centre A is hosting a “Big Barbeque Cook-Out” next week. This fund-raising venture is being held on Wednesday, June 3, during lunch break outside the Cafeteria. Hot dog and drink will sell for $2 and you can get a freezie for $1. Come out and support the students from Learning Centre A!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Relay for Life organizers are looking for volunteers to help out at this year’s event scheduled for Friday, June 5, at the Old Brudenell Campgrounds from 6:00 pm to 12:00 midnight. Students are reminded that the time volunteering at this event can be put towards your bursary submissions. Parents and/or teachers are welcome to volunteer as well! If you have any questions, please call Paul Aitken at (902) 313-0899.
- The Northumberland Fisheries Festival will be taking place July 23-26, 2015! Parade is on July 23. Contact them to take part in one of the events! The Youth Showcase Concert is looking for kids who like to show off their talents, the Miss Northumberland Pageant is looking for girls ages 14-18 to take part, and they are accepting individual and team registrations for a Ball Hockey Tournament for all minor hockey ages! Lots of activities for the whole family! Call Katelyn at 902-962-3327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
- Summer Field Hockey starts Monday, June 1, at 7:00pm at the UPEI Turf Field. The program runs on Monday and Wednesday nights until August 5. Cost is $70 for players U-18 and $90 for players Over 18. Programs include Grade 7 and Up, U-18 Provincial Team, and University/Senior Players. Players are required to wear shin pads and mouth guard. Contact email@example.com for more information.