It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Somers for Harold Brothers, Taylor Fitzgerald for Matt Kelly, Ellen MacCannell for Sharon Anderson, Angela Carpendale for Harris Campbell.
Happy Birthday to Matthew Beck, Ally Clements, Lauren MacDonald.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Live in the present moment! The essence of mindfulness is to bring awareness to everything you do in life. It is in the here and now that you live, and if you are not present for the day-to-day, think of all you might be missing.
- Come and visit the Genocide Exhibition put together by students in Contemporary History 621! Poetry, posters, displays and artwork reveal the poison and possible preventive measures of Genocide. Room 223 is open during lunch break today and again tomorrow. All are welcome!
- Prom Committee meeting is today at 11:45am in Room 85.
- Brett Hicken, Dalton Kemp, Kyle G Murphy, and Lukas O’Connor are asked to see Mrs. Killeen please.
- Relay for Life forms and money ($15) are to be passed in by the end of today. Give these forms and money to either Chloe Jardine or Emma Collings. Thank you.
- Student Loan Information meeting today at 6:30pm for parents and grads. Graduation information will also be provided.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Today’s home games: Women’s Softball Team plays Charlottetown Rural at 5:30 pm.
- Congratulations to the Track and Field team on a great showing at the Regional East Meet yesterday. A list of those who qualified for provincials on June 5-6 will be posted later in the week.
- Nabuurs is looking for two students who are interested in acting as MCs at the MRHS Awards Banquet on Tuesday, June 9. Interested students please see Ms. Nabuurs by Thursday of this week.
- Any students or staff with photos of school clubs or athletics are asked to please email them to Ms. Nabuurs at email@example.com (by Friday of this week) for inclusion in the awards banquet slide show.
- Athletes who owe money ($24) for their rugby or softball hoodies should pay in the PE office at noon.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm – Sign-up and ticket sales will take place from May 25 to 29 at noon in the ticket booth. Athletes have already paid for their tickets (included in the athletic fee) but MUST SIGN UP IN ORDER TO ATTEND. Cost for all other students is $5. Parents can purchase tickets through the school for $10. Deadline to sign-up/purchase tickets is Friday, May 29. Dress is business casual.
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- The following students owe rugby fees ($30): Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Liam Thompson, Cole Jenkins, Alisha MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Chapman, Tionna Gordon, Morganne Rice, Sarah Christensen, Emily Fraser, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Jesse Campbell.
- The following students owe softball fees ($30): Dean Hicken, Cameron Gillis, Riley Lavandier, Cody Fitzpatrick, Taylor Ferguson, Ashley Johnson, Rebekah Conohan, Katelyn Patton, Danielle Collings.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Peer Helpers: There will be Peer Helping Block Meetings tomorrow. These meetings will run for approximately 20 minutes.
- Last STRIVE meeting will be May 28 at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. Please attend and take your journals with you.
- Change of Date! Culinary “Home Cooked Classic” is now on May 28: A crunchy California salad topped off with candied almonds and juicy mandarin oranges, served with a fluffy biscuit and a creamy four-cheese pasta made with chioccole noodles that trap the four cheese sauce inside. For the main dish, a flavour packed meatloaf and for dessert a wonderful sweet and tangy lemon tart accompanied by a refreshing carrot-apple juice.
- Learning Centre A is hosting a “Big Barbeque Cook-Out” next week. This fund-raising venture is being held on Wednesday, June 3, during lunch break outside the Cafeteria. Hot dog and drink will sell for $2 and you can get a freezie for $1. Come out and support the students from Learning Centre A!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come try Softball on this evening (Wednesday) at the Montague Regional High School gym. Ages 6 to 8 are invited between 5:30 and 6:30, and ages 9 to 12 between 6:30 and 7:30. This program is free of charge and is for boys and girls aged 6 to 12. Gloves and necessary equipment will be provided. All you need is indoor sneakers, a positive attitude and a smile! For more information, contact Jody Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-218-9079.
- Relay for Life organizers are looking for volunteers to help out at this year’s event scheduled for Friday, June 5, at the Old Brudenell Campgrounds from 6:00 pm to 12:00 midnight. Students are reminded that the time volunteering at this event can be put towards your bursary submissions. Parents and/or teachers are welcome to volunteer as well! If you have any questions, please call Paul Aitken at (902) 313-0899.
- The Northumberland Fisheries Festival will be taking place July 23-26, 2015! Parade is on July 23. Contact them to take part in one of the events! The Youth Showcase Concert is looking for kids who like to show off their talents, the Miss Northumberland Pageant is looking for girls ages 14-18 to take part, and they are accepting individual and team registrations for a Ball Hockey Tournament for all minor hockey ages! Lots of activities for the whole family! Call Katelyn at 902-962-3327 or email email@example.com for more info!